Clint Eastwood...anyone see Gran Torino yet?

by LovesDubs 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Eastwood fan here. I hope to see it - though I typically wait until it comes out in DVD since I hate movie crowds [and I am cheap].

I loved Harry Calahan and all the westerns he did.

He was great in In the Line of Fire too. He made a movie about an aging art-thief who saw a murder [can't recall the name of it now] that was great.

Jeff

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jeff, that was Absolute Power - great movie - Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Laura Linney, too.

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't open here until 1/9......plan on going

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wasnt Clint in the Bridges of Madison County??? yum

• yknot
    yknot

http://www.zshare.net/video/53689703773e08ea/

Starts about 2 minutes past announcements......

I appreciate the comments about dad living in the 50's and how he is gonna find something disappointing........(remind yall of any organization?)

Watch it while you can before the link is yanked!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I saw it yesterday and I'd have to say it was a good movie but not necessarily a great one, there is the typical Clint fights the bad guy

and he snarls just like so many of his other movies, for me thats is where it falls down the basic premise and plot of the story is focused

on the gravely voiced and somewhat mean spirited old goat that Eastwood plays and on how he gets revenge on some local gang members

within his neighborhood. It could have been allot better if they developed a character study of how an elderly man who lived most of his life

with his wife when she suddenly passes away and what happens to men after this occurrence.

It maybe that I've seen too many dirty Harry movies and alike to see Clint now a much older man to play these kinds of characters.

The movie to see and has been getting good reviews is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, it probably has more broad based appeal

than anything else out there in the drama genre.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

High on my list to see...just broke out my Dirty Harry collection of DVD's...

"Go ahead...make my day!"

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

We wanted to see a movie yesterday but there was NOTHING on the marquis that interested us. Gran Torino is top of our list but no where to be found here in Ventura County.

Somehow I thought there was a limited release and we would have travelled to SantaMonica/LosAngeles/Hollywood for a good flick. No go. Seems it is not available until the 9th.

Looking forward to seeing this one.

-Aude and Friend.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no - but I am really looking forward to seeing it

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Saw it last night and it was a great movie.
    Slanted a little bit toward an older audience, quite "politically incorrect" ***

THIS was one of the things that I loved about this movie! I feel it is one I will have to watch again to catch all the little "asides" that were tossed out, LOL!

I really enjoyed it and I am pretty sure all the Eastwood fans will too.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit