Clint Eastwood...anyone see Gran Torino yet?

by LovesDubs 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I sooooo want to see that movie!!! Thats where I was headed but they were sold out and I ended up seeing TDTESS.

Looks like Classic growling snarling Eastwood.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

it's on my shortlist.

I like Clint.... he has done well finding parts that suit his actual age the last few years.

Hill

• shamus100
    shamus100

Eastwood is a legend. The older he gets, the less he loses.

His old westerns are still watchable. Dated, but watchable. Unforgiven was a total classic.

You can't say that many actors have lasted as long as Clint Eastwood and gone so strong. His movies that he directs are all a bit the same style, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I want to see Gran Torino.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Recently we had a big get together in my area to give local life achievement awards to actors. Clint was there. There was a talk show host who worked on the Board of Directors of some charity organization with Clint's wife. As a result, she got to have a personal interview with him.

She said he was the most humble and approachable person she could ever imagine. There was not a single air of arrogance, dismissiveness or superiority about him. Keep in mind that this man has done EVERYTHING, acted, directed, produced and written bucket loads of great films over 40+ years. The talk show host said, that in contrast to Eastwood, the other younger stars will totally full of themselves.

Clint has learned a valuable lesson in life: when you've done it all, you don't have to try to prove anything.

Farkel

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Eastwood defies aging - his craft just gets better and better. Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Letters from Iwo Jima, Gran Torino - and they thought The Unforgiven was his old age comeback!!

S4

• poppers
    poppers
    Clint has learned a valuable lesson in life: when you've done it all, you don't have to try to prove anything.

Too bad people can't learn that early in life - what you "do" really doesn't mean much; what you are is what matters. Arrogance is born when you identify with what you do.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've seen it. It's great.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

That may be one of those rare movies that makes me actually enter a theatre.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Can't wait.................his growling at the the guy on the ground taps into my inner Dirty Harriet......

• lancelink
    lancelink

Saw it last night and it was a great movie.
    Slanted a little bit toward an older audience, quite "politically incorrect"

The scene where he takes his the neighbor boy to the barbershop is just classic, I laughed and laughed !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit