gorgeous crescent moon with Venus above tonite!

by Sunnygal41 14 Replies latest social current

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i've been watching the sky show tonite as the velvet curtain of night slowly fell...........there is a beautiful crescent moon, with Venus at right angles to her..........i also saw the three planets about two/three months ago...........i am loving the HUGE windows in my fourth floor apartment........i see sooo much up here!

terri

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

:)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My son thinks the moon is breaking into pieces. It is such a beautiful sight up there tonight!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just took this five minutes ago, not even dark yet:

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I think a few months ago was Venus, Jupiter, and Mars.

Nice picture of the Moon, I think I can see some whalers. :)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Yesterday for a few minutes after sundown we had Jupiter very low over the horizon, followed by an even thinner moon crescent and Venus further above; today it was cloudy, but as a compensation we got a couple inches of snow (a rare event in NW France lately).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Quick little history lesson: This alignment of the moon and venus is where Islam gets its "logo"

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yes, it's beautiful. It's too cold to sit outside tonight with the children so we popped them into the van and took them for a ride out into the country, just to enjoy the show.

StAnn

• chickpea
    chickpea

crisp, cold and clear here in the upper midwest

i got to see the display whilst walking my dogs...

now NOVA (pbs) is about the cassini project to saturn

alt

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Hey thanks for posting this thread! I noticed the moon and Venus as I drove home tonite, but I didn't know exactly which planet it was. But it was very impressive. No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit