Christmas is gone....it always makes me so sad. :*(

by LovesDubs 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This year because Thanksgiving was so very late in November, people didnt have as much time to put up and keep up their lights as they usually do. I know its only a week's difference...but it made a difference. Before we knew it it was Christmas already and now the music has stopped and the lights are coming down...and the thing I hate to see the most...

Christmas trees discarded and left at the curb for the garbage man.

I dont know why that bothers me so much. Its almost like getting rid of a family member. I remember as a child in Illinois, going out behind the garage where my dad discarded our tree, and sitting it upright against the wall. There were little bits of tinsel still on it. I would decorate it with snowballs and discarded ribbon back there because I felt sorry for it. Even as a JW I hated seeing those trees out there on the cold curb.

So I was going to work on Sunday, in my car, and found a station that was still playing Christmas songs..and it made me so happy for 20 minutes. Goofy huh? I couldnt let it go. And on the way home that station had changed to regular programming. Each night on the way home from work, there are less and less pretty lights on in the neighborhoods. Last Monday night before Christmas, I took my kids and their BFFs to Hoffmans Chocolate Factory and we got McDonalds and we rode around the neighborhoods looking at all the glorious lights! Im still a big kid I guess.

Today I have off and will be beginning the re-packing process myself. The house will be so boring and bland without the pretty tree in the corner of the living room and candles and smells of baking in the air.

Do you guys feel like this after Christmas?

• blondie
    blondie

I keep everything up until January 6 (Epiphany) the end of the 12 days of Christmas.

I keep my lights and snowflakes up until the first real week of spring.

I even play my winter songs then.

Jingle Bells

Let It Snow

Winter Wonderland

Sleigh Ride

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Winter Time (Steve Miller Band)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Not as badly as you do, but Xmas is not my favorite holiday.

I leave up a few wintry items such as snowflakes & pinecones. I still use my candles and bake cookies through the rest of the winter.

New Year's is soon. You could make that a little more special to ease yourself out of the blues. One year I researched how Ancient Rome celebrated it and did a few of those things (oranges, sweeping the threshold, etc.). That was kind of fun. I usually have a few special meals--some Prosecco and NYE and a decadent breakfast on NYD.

Valentine's Day is coming up too--lots of holiday material there for ya.

• shamus100
    shamus100

They stopped playing Christmas music?

For me, Christmas isn't over until January 1st. Christmas trees are still up, friends over for new years drinks, holiday drinks...

After January 1st? Yes, I get a little sad that it's over.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Christmas is a SEASON. It isn't gone yet, not until January 5, which is Epiphany.

Thus, you're in the 12 days of Christmas right now.

Enjoy them!

StAnn

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My husband insists on packing everything up on New Year's Day, and I used to cry all day. I know it's silly, but I couldn't help myself. The cure in the last few years has been to involve myself in a home improvement project at the start of the new year.

• Simon
    Simon

It's so nice when the christmas music stops.

They don't even play Slade over here ...

• mind my own
    mind my own

I love the entire Christmas season! It always go into a bit of a mourning period when it is over. I leave my Christmas things out for a while, but it's just not the same b/c the spirit is gone. Christmas spirit is the best!

I do shop all year round though for Christmas gifts, whenever I find something that someone in my life will love I buy it. It does help a little. Both financially by avoiding the Christmas crunch as I call it and it keeps me in the spirit, even if it is just a little bit.

MMO

• bebu
    bebu

This year there wasn't an overload of Christmas carols where I live. In fact, it seemed like we could have used a few more. But maybe that's because I wasn't spending tons of time in the malls.

When my extended family got together to celebrate Christmas on Dec 27, we sang carols for about 40 minutes and had great fun doing it, with instruments and harmonies. It was satisfying enough to hold over till next year. I think I would be feeling blue to go thru the season without that.

bebu

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loves, you may be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit