Christmas is gone....it always makes me so sad. :*(

by LovesDubs 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I'm always glad when christmas is over , I get sick of hearing about by november then it gets here and everybody is debt and miserable anyway. I agree with simon , christmas music sucks.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It is? Darn, i was just getting set to put up the tree that somebody gave me. My first christmas tree. Guess i'll be 11 months early for the next christmas;)

S

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'll keep my tree up until Jan 7 and celebrate Ukrainian Christmas with borscht, perogies, cabbage rolls, kapusta, and patychky.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well I live in Florida so not so much seasonal affection disorder as NO seasons at all disorder. We kinda have one season here which vassilates between warm and really hot but its pretty much green alllll the time and you dont have disiduous trees.

All of my non JW family, anybody who DOES celebrate the holiday...are all up in Illinois and so we are alone down here every holiday. It just never works out that we can all be together. Everybody and their kids all work different schedules. I am trying to bring my EXJW mother in law down here next year though...spending Christmas with an Elder husband when you are an EXJW is pure hell on earth.

Thanks for your support guys...Happy New Year!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It never really got where I was. They only got to about 40% Christmas songs in the store where I work (when I was still a witless, they always went solid at least a week out). And, the day after, it went right back to the alt-rock crap. (I would rather hear Christmas carols than that song that tells mothers to be good to your daughters too all night).

I just leave my Christmas stuff up all summer long. It looks good in November and December--plus it is another slap in the face of the witlesses if they see it up in the middle of summer (and not know who it is).

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No, not at all. To me Thanksgiving to New Years is the sweet spot of the year. I look forward to it every year. It's the highlight in an otherwise dreary year. Once it's gone, I can look forward to it next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit