2008 Remake - "The day the earth stood still" - Keanu Reeves, it was crap!

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have NEVER seen a movie with such poor character developement! The alien was the perfect role for Keanu...playing an emotionally dead alien! And Will Smiths son plays the little brat kid that needs a kick in the pants. They were supposed to show him human emotions so he doesn't destroy the planet... instead the take him to Mcdonalds....they showed him nothing! The movie ends with a dead stop and had alot of potential but is a huge dud. Hopeless!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

extremely weak ending - totally crap agreed - save your money folks

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The original movie scared the crap outta me when I was a kid. It used to come on like once a year on Family Classics. I own it now. This movie didnt even resemble that one in quality...special affects notwithstanding.

Very disappointing.

• blondie
    blondie

I was disappointed as well; I taped the old one and will be watching it Wednesday night along with the Truman show.

I did see it in IMAX which improved it a little.

Blondie (old-time sci-fi fan)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, I am dissapointed. I just watched the old one, which by the way scared me many years ago, and was SO well done. Did you notice how importand the right music is in a movie to set the mood?

I was looking forward to seeing the re-make. I think I will just save my money and see it when it comes out on video or finally on T.V.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When we saw the trailer we were looking forward to seeing it. But by the time we read a couple of reviews where the critics really chopped it to pieces we scratched it off our list.

• watson
    watson

Big movie fan here. I agree completely with Witness! Awful. Special affects good, but they certainly don't make a movie anymore.

• Gregor
    Gregor

seeing ".....Benjamin Button" this afternoon, hope it doesn't disappoint

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

To me it looked like they ran out of money {spent on CGI} and just hashed out a script hoping for the best.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

The kid was the most annoying character in the movie. It was a huge disappointment overall....quit making "re-imagined" remakes of classics....PLEASE!

brzfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit