I truly believe the WT contributed to my depression

by heybaby 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Depression seems to be contagious among JW's.

purps

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I too felt really depressed, even occasionally suicidal, as a JW. I really feel much happier now that I am free.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When I was single I remember telling one of my worldly girlfriends matter-of-factly that I had suicidal thoughts in the past. "Doesn't everyone from time to time?" I asked. She looked horrified.

Depression is definitely common among JWs and only natural in a religion that manipulates people using fear and guilt. Chronic fatigue syndrome is just as common, especially among longtime pioneers.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I agree with you the wt most likely contributed to your depression.

After you accept that,

You may find something else makes you depressed.

I hope not.

If you were a JW. You probably have a lot of baggage.

The baggage gets burdensome and depressing.

Being happy is a full time job.

It's like being on a diet or going to the gym.

It takes a lot of focus concentration and work.

Thats if you are chemically unbalanced.

The only thing you have to change is everything.

Thats just the way I see it.

Most of the time, I battle depression.

But I see other people who seem happy no matter what.

How you process information makes either good or bad chemicals.

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

To listen to a conference call on this subject click this link http://sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/conferencecall-7-08.html

• startingover
    startingover

Add me to the list too. It used to be a big problem for me, but not any more. If I ever get down it may last for a couple of hours tops. I can see no other reason other than the "never good enough" feeling the JWs create for the issues I used to have.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I know you are right. I suffer depression really bad at time and I know it is because of the relgion. I feel like I can never please anyone right. No matter what or how you say or do things I always feel like I am not good enough. My husband wants me to keep going and when you are in it you cannot see the damage but when you can step back you see it. You are right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit