Why all Christianity is repulsive to me

by portcontrol7 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• portcontrol7
    portcontrol7

The crux of all Christianity is that an omnipotent and loving God sent a human sacrifice to atone for the sins of a (fictional) man, knowing full well that he would be horribly tortured and mocked.

If that God existed (which I'm grateful he/she/it doesn't), I would be proud to oppose it. There are 3 main types of Christians in my opinion:

1. The Greedy Frauds
    2. The Stupid
    3. The Selfish and Fearful

These groups are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Anyone who could serve such a God isn't anyone I'd want to be around. Leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses in order to find some other version of this putrid and ignorant death cult is idiotic.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aren't there ANY good christians?

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hi, I am The Stupid.

I wish you had more categories, but pleased to meet you. But I know you won't hang around for long.

BTS

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I've a very strong feeling that the idea of resurrection comes first, and everything else flows from that. It doesn't seem so stupid, selfish, fradulent, selfish and fearful then imo - but I may be quite wrong

• snowbird
    snowbird
    1. The Greedy Frauds
    2. The Stupid

What do you call the people who are none of the above?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What do you call the people who are none of the above?

I don't know what he would call it, but The Stupid sits best with me.

but we preach Christ crucified:...foolishness to Gentiles

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well portcontrol07, if you hate Christianity that much, that puts you at odds with 75%+ of the population, you aren't much different than you were as a JW. That would make you an outcast still.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    1. The Greedy Frauds
    2. The Stupid

These groups are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

portcontrol7

And as you so clearly demonstrate, not necessarily christian.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There is a lot stuff that can't be definitively proved (like the existence of Jesus), and stuff that doesn't make logical sense (like the ransom). But the tenets of Christ as written in the Gospels, are mostly sound and make for good living. Many Christians follow them and are wonderful people. Even if they are as made up as Disney, until it all can be definitively DISproven, let's make room for them and never forget the kindness that many Christians show. Don't let the bad apples ruin your perception of the rest of them.

BTW-The same can be said for other religious points of view such as Islam, Judaism, etc.

Isaac Carmignani

• wobble
    wobble

Postcontrol,stick around this forum and you will end up being happy in what you DO believe in and you will see how inclusive the lovely people on JWD are,many on here would not wish to be called Christian,but Christ would love to be called their friend.

The great thing is to learn to laugh at all silly things,such as the WTBS.and other religions.True Christians do not follow a religion,just Jesus.Now that may make you laugh,and if so good! Laughter is the best medicine! (To quote Readers Digest,another joke)

love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit