Why all Christianity is repulsive to me

by portcontrol7 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    What do you call the people who are none of the above?

Atheist?

Christians aren't (necessarily) repulsive but their religion certainly is!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Nice to meet you as well BTS. Understanding one's stupidity is the first step in remedying it.

This is true and I realize it about myself, and once you comprehend your own staggering ignorance, once you realize that you know nearly nothing, you will not be so quick to point out what you think is stupidity in others.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100
    that puts you at odds with 75%+ of the population

100% incorrect.

My mantra is live and let live. Most christians don't throw they're religion on people. And I don't call them stupid for having they're faith. Those that throw they're religion about and try to condem me I don't have as friends. You get the wack-jobs that are complete jesus freaks, but they are not indicative of christians in general.

• portcontrol7
    portcontrol7

"This is true and I realize it about myself, and once you comprehend your own staggering ignorance, once you realize that you know nearly nothing, you will not be so quick to point out what you think is stupidity in others.

BTS"

Recognizing one's ignorance is a far cry from stupidity. Stupidity is reading the bible along with whatever teaching aids are published to "accompany" it and seeing absolutely no problems with the logic. I have no problem with pointing out stupidity, but to mock someone's ignorance is just, well, stupid.

Arguing for the logic and reason of the scriptures is and oxymoron, faith is the antithesis of these principles. If Christians would just admit this I'd have a measure of respect for them.

• Frank75
    Frank75
    omnipotent and loving God sent a human sacrifice to atone for the sins of a (fictional) man, knowing full well that he would be horribly tortured and mocked.

Boy! That one made me feel rotten as a not so fictional parent. I thought love played the biggest role in our decision to have kids, but knowing that they will eventually go to school, face all manner of cruelty and mocking, then turn them out into an uncertain future.... I must be worse than God.

Tortured and mocked....have you ever played organized league Hockey?!

Actually there is a large part of the community that you address who believe that God subjected himself to those indignities.

Maybe he just wanted to experience what it was like to be a real human. Could that be a bad thing?

Personally I don't like labels, and religions are, stripped of their veneers, just businesses. I can choose to echo words such as the following:

(Acts 10:34-35) ."For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him. .

No need to join anything, or follow anyone....just be a good person.

Frank75

• hmike
    hmike

"Stupid is as stupid does."

• dogon
    dogon

I agree with you totally. Religion is a fraud in the extreme. It plays on the fears and ignorance of people. For the person who said that "are there no good Christians" It is not a mater of people being good in a religion. It is the religion itself. There were some good people in the Whermacht. Not everyone in a group is totally bad or totally good. But what is referred to here is that religion is bad. It tries to bring reality to false ideas. There is not now nor has there ever been any proof of god or any religion as being true. The dubbers use things like Hezekiah tunnel being found and the bible said there was a tunnel ergo the whole bible is true. So because homer talked about Troy and Troy was discovered, Medusa turned men to stone? I think not. People now as then write about what they know. When someone writes a book about a alien landing they do not create a mythical country and mythical capitol, no they blow up the white house in ID4. So in 2000 years will someone say we found the remnants of the white house so aliens must have landed and destroyed it? It would be jumping to a conclusion in the extreme. But this will not stop idiots from dancing with snakes and knocking on doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit