Wow, just seen Jan 09 Kingdom Ministry can they get any more controlling?

by eyeslice 21 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

i agree with homerovah.....

that description in para 3
    from week 1 is all about
    the low hanging fruit....

desperation is a key component
    for most of the "newly interested"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It seems that this has been this way for years. This is the most abused meeting by the local elders though. It is somewhat designed that way, but considering how bad "apostasy" is getting, I wouldn't be surprised to see them tighten up this meeting as well.

This new Governing Body is really changing a lot of things up. Interesting.....

• iloowy
    iloowy

Darth writes:

Think about it, you go to the hall sing a song and pray Cong BS, I imagine there will be another song than the school, guessing once more another song and service meeting closing song and prayer. It will be like going to an assembly every week. Only its at night, after a hard day at work or school.

Hey Darth.

There are only still three songs, one at the beginning of the Cong BS, then the meeting goes on through to the school without a song, then at the end of the school another song before the Serv Mtg. Then at the end of the meeting another song... so just three like before.

But notice that there's a trend to making parts shorter. The Governing Body got some educational advice that today's audiences need short parts with lots of chances to comment and be able to focus on different speakers every 10 minutes or so... errrhhh part of their new neuro-linguistic approach to meeting parts, let's say.

With regards.

ILOOWY

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

"Many who have refused to listen for years
    have experienced a change of heart. Economic
    reversal, illness, a death in the family/ or reports
    of disturbing events on the world scene
    may prompt such a change."

Yup, prey on the needy and those seeking hope.....

Isaac

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

eyeslice, haven't they always did this? they did when i was still in. but the title font is different.

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

homerovah, their techniques for siezing the citizenry for watchtower slaves is rather devious. like attacking old ladies. they're too weak in the faith to try to convert a catholic priest. have they tried converting the pope or a world leader? who knocks on the doors of the kremlin or the whitehouse or the parliment? hmm...

• John Doe
    John Doe

This is the first jw article I've read in some time, and something jumped out at me that would never have occurred to me before. Notice on the last page how every example for starting conversations in field service has you asking the householder a question, and then "allow for response." After the response, you are prompted to go right on with your presentation with no note of addressing the householder's response. It's as if you are not to consider what they're saying at all--they're just a prop for your spiel. Is it just me, or is it highly rude to ask a question when you don't want, expect, or acknowledge a response?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Good point John...

What I was thinking was it is the same old BS...

Think of Paul...even when beaten with a rod and thrown in jail...he did not shrink in fear...

That takes me back again to when we as wives were told that the husband should be first in our lives and no matter what..if your husband and kids were all drowning who would you save?..Your husband...I don't care what they say..the normal instinct is to save a child...or am I just stupid?..(don't answer that)

They always have to bring fear into it somehow don't they...

Snoozy..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I notice that they are studying the Keep Yourselves In God's Tyranny book starting Feb 23. Which means they are going to have more crackdowns and more rules imposed (plus even worse ones thought up by the local hounders).

• White Dove
    White Dove

I didn't notice anything more controlling than it already was. Catch 'em weeping and snag 'em. Here's what to say, and don't deviate from it. Same stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit