Wow, just seen Jan 09 Kingdom Ministry can they get any more controlling?

by eyeslice 21 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Wow, I've just seen my wife's copy of the Jan 09 new format Kingdom Ministry. Can they get any more controlling?

How to handle every part is detailed giving absolutely no room for any personal input or freedom to express any ideas other than copyrighted Watchtower thinking.

It is a wonder they don't just script the prayers as well - after all we are part of God's united earthly organization? Aren't we?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Scan, please.

StAnn

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Unfortunately, don't have a working scanner at the moment!

• blondie
  • ferret
    ferret

Thanks Blondie I just read it and it is quite controlling.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Kingdom Ministry instructions have been like that for a while no?

If you think they are above telling you how to wipe your own bum you would be wrong. I remember a local needs talk that said we don't need to use so much toilet paper when we go to the bathroom - I kid you not.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

With the advent of the inter-net and the easy accessibility of information on this religious cult , its not real surprising they would crank

up the controlling factor on to the followers even more so.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I remember a local needs talk that said we don't need to use so much toilet paper when we go to the bathroom - I kid you not.

LMFAO

The Claw

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

One thing that pisses me off about this religious cult is their illicit immoral attempt on preying on the weak and venerable, such as people that just recently lost a loved one or someone

that is going through a traumatic illness, how incredibly devious to go after these people just to try and turn them into one of their publishing slaves, how pathetic !

Many who have refused to listen for years
    have experienced a change of heart. Economic
    reversal, illness, a death in the family/ or reports
    of disturbing events on the world scene
    may prompt such a change.

They don't say directly to go after such people but they are intensionally are implying that yes these people might very well make for a sale or turn them into a convert based on their

emotional state. I've seen this done many a times whenever someone dies they quickly assume these people are easy to overcome and ply their religious sales pitch.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I looked at that scan and after thinking about it...The new arrangement is going to kill the R&F.

They already are dying a slow death but this new arrangement could speed it up.

Think about it, you go to the hall sing a song and pray Cong BS, I imagine there will be another song than the school, guessing once more another song and service meeting closing song and prayer. It will be like going to an assembly every week. Only its at night, after a hard day at work or school.

the R&F will lose whats left of their minds. I'm not trying to put them down but thats a stressfull meeting schedule on people that are already burned out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit