inkling

As far as I know, the excellent Danish film "To Verdener"
    ("Worlds Apart") is still not available for purchase on
    DVD in the US.

(anyone know otherwise?)

So... I found an internet copy of "To Verdener", found English
    subtitles, and imbedded the subtitles into the file. What this
    means is you can download this file and play it alone on your
    computer, and it will have English subtitles.

The subtitle file that has been floating around with the film
    was also quite glitchy, so I fixed some typos, and a few slight
    timing issues.

The file is available for download as a torrent here: http://isohunt.com/download/57759561/to+verdener.torrent

I would also link to upload the file somewhere for direct download... any idea how I can do this?

(If you really want this file, and can't figure out torrent software, feel free to PM and we can figure something out)

Enjoy, and if you ever just a chance to acquire the film though
    more... conventional means, please do so in support of this
    important film and it's creators.

Also, if you have already seen the film, I am dying to talk about it,
    so consider this a open discussion thread as well. Just please remember
    to give spoiler warnings as needed.

[inkling]

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is really awesome. I'm going to try and download it when I get home. (not too good at that stuff.)

I know Sandy from the board has been looking to get the movie. I am going to call her.

Thank you for doing this.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Yeah I found this as a torrent, and was tempted to d/l it, but I'd like to actually pay for it to support the people who made it. Maybe the RIAA won't care about the ferin' movie stuff.

• inkling
    inkling
    but I'd like to actually pay for it to support the people who made it.

Yeah, me too.

I would buy this movie tomorrow is If could.

I heard of a Danish site that sold it, but will they ship to the US?

[inkling]

• Emoly
    Emoly

I watched this movie last night. It was just so familiar and heartbreaking. I cried the whole time.

Thanks for making this available. I want everyone to watch this.

• Morgana
    Morgana

Thanks, inkling, for sharing the torrent link. It was a fast download (the movie is not available otherwise where I live), and after wathing it I fully agree with Emoly's feelings.

BTW, some interesting bit of information I found on imdb.com: In the last scene, the girl in the train who looks up and smiles at Sara is the "real life-Sara". Her name is Tabita, and the director got the inspiration for the film from reading her story in a national Danish newspaper in 2006.

• Emoly
    Emoly

They did such a wonderful job showing what it is like to be a young JW kid on the way out. I have had so much trouble explaining what it is like to my friends and my boyfriend that I was just blown away by the fact that the director was able to understand the story Tabita told, and that they were able to get the feeling across to an entire cast of actors. And that those actors were able to play it so well. It was remarkable.

I was especially kind of impressed at how they wrote the character of Thea. I knew so many people like her that stood on the edge in a way that was somehow acceptable and without thinking about it too deeply. I remember being surprised when I crossed the line and none of them sympathized. It was strange.

There is a showing of this on the 20th in the SF bay area: http://www.cafilm.org/rfc/films/1020.html

I am totally going to go

• brinjen
    brinjen

Bit of trivia on this film. In the final scene on the train, the girl that looks up and smiles at the character Thea is the real Thea.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is so awesome. Thanks, inkling.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I just saw a bit of it on Youtube, it looks just heartbreaking, but so beautifully made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit