If "the time left is reduced" ...

by halcyon 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• halcyon
    halcyon

... and that was written 2000 years ago ...

what possible meaningful value could that phrase have anymore?

• minimus
    minimus

Well, the time is EVEN MORE reduced.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I'm thinking, y'know, like they say the sun is going to burn out someday. So the time left (for the sun to stay burning) is reduced. BUT, does that affect me in my daily life?

When you think about it, everything dies or decays. The moment after something is created, the time left for that thing is reduced.

• wobble
    wobble

When Dubs use this scripture they are hoping to scare the brown stuff out of you that the Big A is coming and you are going to be zapped if you don't toe the WT line. I would think Pauls words referred to the nearness of the end of the Jewish system.

What they don't think about is,if the Big A is real and occurs in their lifetime,so what? It's plainly a battle between God and the forces of evil,not our battle.

It is so good to be free of all worry when you leave the Bullcaca behind in Dubland,where they are all wellcome to eat it!

love

Wobble

• Farkel
    Farkel

:what possible meaningful value could that phrase have anymore?

If there is a starting point for "The Time Left" in that phrase then:

If I was to say that right right now, and we are deep, deep, deep into the "Time of the End(tm") it would be a fact.

If I was to say that phrase one thousandth of a second after I first said it, it would also be a fact the second time I said it, and the third and the fourth.....

As you can see, if there is a starting point and an ending point for anything, that expression is true no matter WHEN one uses it, so the expression becomes meaningless, since it is so obvious on its face.

However, we don't know for any certainty WHEN that "time left" should start being counted, or even IF there was a special "time" that needed to be counted. If there was no "time" that needed to be counted, then there can be no "end" of that no "time" that needed to be counted. In that case, the expression would be worse than meaningless. It would be idiotic.

Either way, it's all stupid.

Farkel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    "But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end....Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end" (Daniel 12:4, 9)

For the Hebrew author of Daniel, the "time of the end" was when the scroll containing the book of Daniel was "finally" opened and publically released. Now how long has the book of Daniel been read by people?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I has never ever been reducter than now !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the time left is reduced (the sun is that much closer to burning out), then we should spend more time worshiping the sun while it's still around. Perhaps Christmas should be all year long...

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I couldn't agree more. How about "and just a LITTLE WHILE longer and the wicked one will be no more"???!!!!

Isaac

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's not just reduced, it's passed. The great wt j hoover has let all the pitches go by. He has struck out, not even walked. Struck out, sent back to the dugout. This game is over. He needs to wait for the next game. Satan won this one. Who knows when the next divine baseball game will come. Next week? In day for 7000 yrs long creative day, that would be like close 50,000 yrs. Wait for it. Appearing 'soon' on your local planet.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit