Did Jesus every mention or say anything about Armageddon?

by VM44 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

It is fascinating that Armageddon / global apocalyspe did not factor prominently into Jesus' message. He speaks of Heaven and Hell, and the transitory nature of things in the world, but says very little, if anything about a global destruction of mankind by his Father, by Him, or by the angels in heaven.

Armageddon is a major pillar in the Watchtower's doctrinal structure, and figures very prominently into their preaching message. Supposedly, Jesus was the forerunner to their preaching work. Why was Jesus so remiss in teaching people about this very important aspect to the Gospel message?

As far as Revelation is concerned; one may as well have written a scroll claiming to have received visions from Zeus. When such writings contain cryptic and ambiguous imagery and symbology; how can anyone prove them right or wrong? It ultimately comes down to faith in something. I could have absolute and unwavering faith in Leprechauns while spending an entire life searching for them.

I could very well spend time on an island and return with vivid imagery of monsters, supernatural signs in heaven, symbols, and numbers - claiming it to be a vision from Krishna. Neither could I be proven right or wrong. One could only put faith in such assertions.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

What about the "as it was in the days of Noah" speech in Luke 17?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think there is any eye witness first person accounts of Jesus saying anything in the bible.

Its all hearsay and probably some of it made up.

• Mincan
    Mincan

No... only about the end of the age (a mistranslation in the KJV says "world" instead of "age") talking about the transition from the age of piesces to aquarius (enter into the house of the man carrying a pitcher of water...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit