You gotta check this guys photos at Bethel, etc ....................

by WingCommander 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

This is an odd thread. I would say that the general tone of this thread only reinforces what Jehovah's Witnesses believe about us: that ex-JWs are petty and malicious in character.

I had quite a different reaction when glancing at the photos. I saw some very nice and decent looking people. Just because we have disdain for the Watchtower and it's leadership doesn't mean that we have to transfer hostility over to individual Jehovah's Witnesses. Many of us tend to forget that we used to be the people in those photos.

Making petty and childish insults about individual Jehovah's Witnesses does nothing to elevate our stance toward the organization. It only demonstrates how small minded the one making the insults are.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    He responded that MJ was never a JW either!

I didn't actually see him get baptized so cannot verify this aspect. However, he was in my parent's congregation for several years. I was present one TMS when he had a talk in the 2nd school and also when it was announced that he was no longer recognized as one of Jehovah's witnesses. He wasn't actually DF'd but also did formally DA. It was something more akin to 'mutual agreement'. This was shortly after Thriller was released.

If not baptized, that may be a technicality. But he was very recognized and accepted as a witness. He was referred to as 'Brother Jackson'.

-Aude.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Jeremy, we were JWs at one time ... where do you think our petty small-mindedness comes from? LOL!

Seriously, as a JW, I thought all those who weren't JWs were scum. The Watchtower put that thought into my head.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Why are all of the women who work there dressed in jeans? Shouldn't they be in dresses and heels, like all of the Dub women in the New World in the publications? Shouldn't they be emulating that look since they live in a spiritual paradise?

StAnn

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

This is all quite odd.

Earlier in the week, I was looking at a former colleagues pictures from his volleyball games along with his Christmas pictures. They were linked from his Facebook page. On a few of the shots there were comments from some guy. They were a bit puerile like, "You should have used this lens/shutter setting". I guess he was trying to be instructive. Anyway, I never did ask my friend if he knew who made the comments.

Time passes. Now I do my sporadic check of what's news on JWD. I read this topic. I'm interested so I check the link. Same guy. Wow.

Now to make it more interesting, I browse through his pictures to see why he thinks himself such a photo pro. The pictures are OK. But I see a few references to PA. The guy lived about 50 minutes from me growing up. His home congregation is Mount Joy, PA. I lived not far from there. Mount Joy is near Grantville where the Circuit Assemblies are (still) held. Also he has a few pictures from the Vet in '99 or so. I moved from PA before then. I didn't see anyone I remembered but it was interestingly serendipitous.

For the record, even my wife found his pictures a little leery. She also observed that he likes to photograph the ladies. One of them in his "Old scanned photo" section had a comment to the effect of "I liked this sister. I think if we exchanged contact information we'd be married by now." I kid you not. Kooky. It's sad that he seems to desperately want to be married.

Flickr seems ripe with JW picture postings. I'm going to satisfy my psuedo-voyeurism by looking at some more now.

-- Not Peeping It

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

BTW: If you are interested in JW photography.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/jwf/pool/

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Dude's gone and deleted all the JW photos.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sjhfoto/3072921791/in/set-72157608812649711/

Can't you access them here?

I guess not, I could even after the post they were deleted.

I guess someone reads JWD.

• VM44
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hey!!!!

I'm not sure which one of you tipped this guy off or was making comments to his photos on his site, but they are now all GONE!!

Thanks for spoiling our fun looking at the dufos photos of the Stalin-like existance in which Bethel is.

Jerks!!

- WC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit