WOULD YOU CALL THIS A MIRACLE ?

by hubert 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Homerovah, even the doctors are calling it a miracle. That's why I feel it might be.

I was hoping some medical people on here would see this thread and we could get their views on it.

Hubert

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV. While I think your friend has been very fortunate, it was not a miracle in the sense of "divine intervention."

This is my opinion based on what you wrote and what I believe. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion as well. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Miracle Max

Dave

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe in miracles and prayer chains do often get results. The more the prayer the better. Even when people who aren't christian or don't believe in God participate in positive thinking.

I wonder why our vigils for Dansk stopped. I wonder if he did better with all that positive energy from around the world.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

''You've got to believe in foolish miracles.''Ozzie.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats good. It's good to hear a story with a happy ending.

If you think its a miracle, thats all that matters.

Everyone has their own reality.

This world is the forum of many truths.

Keep it on the good foot.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes mircles are what doctors can do in 2008 with the many devices they can use to save lives.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

If one truly believes that Heaven is better than the present life, then why is it a "miracle" to keep someone here?

I think it is basically understood by most people that this life really is all there is even if they claim otherwise.

The general consensus is that we should execute the most heinous murderers because they don't deserve to live. Extraordinary efforts will often be made to keep "good" people alive for as long as possible.

If a "good" person has gone to a better place in the afterlife, is that not reason for celebration and not sorrow? This apparent contradiction between what people claim to believe and actually do has always caused me confusion.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

Personally, i do believe in miracles. But, what exactly tilts the universe towards a miracle, i don't know. As well, most events labeled as miraculous aren't, hence, i tend to be skeptical, while keeping an open mind.

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Satanus, hopefully one day a miracle will happen to you and you will have no other way to explain it. I hope so. It's wonderful when it does happen.

If one truly believes that Heaven is better than the present life, then why is it a "miracle" to keep someone here?

Because there are things we enjoy here that we can't in the afterlife. Like face to face time with our loved ones who still live here. Maybe there is work for someone to do and things they haven't accomplished that need to be. But when someone does pass over, all things will be reconciled in heaven. And my dominican nun, doctor of psychology therapist told me last Monday, "Heather God's unconditional love and mercy do not end when we die." Heaven is just a name for the world beyond ours. We live here. They live, too. Whether they are called anscestors or saints.

• hubert
    hubert

FHN, I like your take on this.

Thanks. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit