Fresh Prophecy

by cameo-d 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Look! This has all the excitement of the 1975 Awake magazines!

Could it be that that the sun would turn black and the moon red because of all the smoke from explosions? Everytime there is a major fire here in California that is exactly what happens. Could it be that the effect of the rolling mushroom cloud of a nuclear explosion makes the sky appear to recede like a scroll? Could those stars falling down be missles? Could these kings of the earthy and mighty men of war be running into bunkers to hide themselves???
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

I dreamed that I would be married to Pamela Anderson, we were so happy together as lifesavers at Bondi beach!....never happened.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Here's another one. The world is going nuts I tell you!

Well, it would be great if the world didn't go up in smoke BUT just in case, we are making the best preparations we can. In fact, a lady at our church approached us and said that the Lord had been telling her for over a year to stock up on oil, honey, gold, etc. And she said her 7 year old son heard from Jesus in church that He's coming very soon, sooner than people expect.

I can't imagine Jesus advised anyone to "stock up". He never carried anything in his pockets.

• Clam
    Clam
    And she said her 7 year old son heard from Jesus in church that He's coming very soon.

Surely "He" in this case could be Santa?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In case of nuclear attack....don't stand near the windows!

there is quite a bit you can do to protect yourself and survive an attack (if you're not at ground zero). The greatest amount of radiation falls in the first 24-48 hours - after that the risks drop off quickly and the radiation does not affect food and water supplies. There are tablets you can take to help block the absorption in your body and there are herbs that can help detox them out. And building a fall out shelter isn't too difficult with a little forethought and if you have a basement or cellar it is even better. We are thinking about stocking up on sandbags because almost anything (solid or liquid) helps to reduce radiation exposure.

Also, if the worst happens and a blast goes off in your area it will be very very bright. If you're at home, don't stand at the window to figure out what just happened because you might get plastered with broken glass. You may have about 10-20 seconds to get to the lowest and best insulated place in your home.

As horrible as an attack sounds - it is actually very gracious of the Lord to warn us ahead of time so that we're not caught by surprise. Being caught off guard has got to be a bad scenario.

DO you think these people are Baptists? Do you think there are some potential JW converts in this? They sure seem excited about death and destruction.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Would you look at this! Another prophet jumping on the bandwagon with a similar revelation! This one made the newspaper.

'He will not be the next president,' Leland Freeborn warns those who will listen. He and his followers expect nuclear explosions this Christmas season.

After establishing his bona fides as an international talk radio guest and proprietor of a survivalist website that has "passed more than 100,000 hits," Freeborn wrote:

A freeway billboard, depicting a nuclear mushroom cloud, provided directions to the prophet's two-story house.

The frontyard seemed a staging ground for rapid flight -- two or three motor boats, a raft, a canoe, a recreational vehicle and an old sedan, parked with its engine running.

a Mormon of substance, a father of 12, he had crashed his airplane in 1975 and fallen into a three-week coma, during which he went through "to the other side" and emerged a prophet.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/washingtondc/la-na-moment13-2008dec13,0,1118888.story

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I love this time of year, the nutbars are all out parading their prophecy

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Scott Walkington: "He said, 'Something will happen east of you, you won't see it from your yard but you'll see it from within your home. It will be complete chaos and destruction, planes will be involved, and at the end of the day your president will quote from the book of Isaiah' .... And as things played out, I realized that it was exactly what he said. By the time President Bush got on that night to give a speech, the very last thing he did was quote the book of Isaiah. Now I have had a lot of people ask me what scripture, I didn't write it down, but I do remember that it was the book of Isaiah. Wow! He said that when you see that, you will know that it is the second sign."

President Bush on 9/11/01:

Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night and God bless America.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/bush.speech.text/

Oops!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Oops!

Leolaia...Girl, you trip me out! LMAO

This board is so lucky to have you!

When I googled his name and read some of the stuff going on.....there's some crazy people out there that must really believe it!

Those christian wack-o's are looking to make friends with someone who has a bomb shelter and they are buying up all the grits!

They will probably forget what day it is and don gas masks when their neighbors start setting off fireworks on Jan. 1st.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually, this dude is pretty interesting from an analytical point of view -- I am particlarly fascinated with partial ex eventu prophecy such as those found in the apocalyptic section of Daniel, ch. 7-12, the Animal Apocalypse (1 Enoch 85-90), Pseudo-Daniel (4Q243-245), the Assumption of Moses, ch. 5-10, Revelation (particularly ch. 17-19), the Sibylline Oracles, etc. These give an apocalyptic survey of history, revealed by a putative divine source, which represents events that have already occurred by the time the author wrote but which are portrayed as lying in the future when the prophet received his vision or message. Typically, these predict real history with astonishing accuracy -- accuracy derived from the fact that the author knew what really happened when he wrote. The prophet then made some predictions of his own, genuine attempts at prophecy, which generally fail. So when you look at the sweep of predicted history provided by the prophet, it seems astonishingly prescient up to a particular point and then it abruptly makes unfulfilled predictions that go far beyond what actually happened. A good modern example can be found in the Book of Mormon. There is a survey of history of the colonization and history of America in 1 Nephi 13-14, a text that presents itself as written in 600-592 BC. It accurately "predicts" the coming of Columbus (v. 12), the colonization of the land by colonists of the "mother" country for freedom from religious persecution (v. 12-16), the colonists' conquering of the native Americans (v. 14), the war the colonists had with the "mother" country for independence which the colonists won (v. 17-19), the Americans prospering more than other countries (v. 30), the Indians being smitten but not wiped out entirely by white Americans (v. 31, 34), and the "rediscovery" of the Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith (v. 34-40). That brings things up to 1829. But it is here that the prophecy becomes especially vague and goes awry, failing to foresee the rise of the LDS church and Smith's role in it (he is referred to only as a "translator" and "seer" in the book, not as "prophet" or founder of the "restored" church), nor his death, nor whatever else that was to happen after 1829.

From this perspective, Walkington is quite interesting. He relates in 2008 a series of prophetic signs he purportedly received in the spring of 2001, relating to the events that transpired in the years since. Signs 1-6 represent ex eventu prophecy, referring to events that had already come to pass by the time the "prophecy" is divulged. It is the final seventh sign that is the sole prediction of the future made by Walkington, and if it fails to come to pass, then we would have a pattern similar to what we have above. I wonder tho if he is revising an older similar "prophecy" given in 2004. The video is claimed to have been made in spring 2008, but the sixth sign Walkington gives is a little strange. The caption to the video says: "Sixth Sign: Something tragic will happen to Arafat. Our nation will be blamed for this. This will trigger World War III." Although it is true that Arafat died in 2004, nothing like what Walkington describes actually came to pass. No one has blamed America for the natural death of Arafat, and no grave international crisis followed, certainly not triggering WWIII. This prediction better fits the situation in 2004, around the time when Arafat died. If this is what he publically claimed in his own circles in 2004, then Sign 6 would represent an original prophecy made by Walkington as well, and he would be constrained against changing it if others remember what he claimed the sixth sign to be. Actually, this makes a good deal of sense. Walkington then came up with this story at the time of the 2004 Kerry-Bush election, at a time when it looked like Bush would be defeated by Kerry who was leading in the polls. Arafat died in November 11, just a week after the election, but he was gravely ill in October and he was in a coma before the election. If Bush was going to be defeated by Kerry, and if Bush was to be the last president, then the end times were at hand....we would have a situation similar to that with Obama -- the end would come before Kerry takes office in January. So it sounds like this is a warmed-over prophecy he made in October 2004, revived now because of the similar situation he assumed would happen in 2004. If this is the case, Walkington is already a failed prophet, even before his current public exposure: Signs 1-5 originally were ex eventu predictions, whereas signs 6-7 were genuine predictions that did not come to pass with Bush winning his second term. Now that Bush's presidency is really going to come to end, this is a second chance for Walkington's predictions to come true -- although Sign 6 no longer makes the kind of sense it made in 2004. But Walkington cannot change it, if people in his own circles already remember what he claimed back in 2004.

In other words, the "prophecy" may not be as "fresh" as it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit