Anybody Knows About The Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

by snowbird 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

I can't view videos at work.

The radio is playing something by them called THIS NIGHT, I believe.

It is simply beautiful.

Sylvia

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Oh i just love them! (If anyone wants to give me the CD for Christmas, I'll tell you where to mail it .. LOL)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Multimedia - TSO Multimedia

Love them love them love them...we are going to try to make their Christmas concert tour next year. We always start our Christmas season with "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24"

You gotta CRANK it and BLAST the windows out LOL!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

what...TheSilence hasnt checked in on this thread yet? S H O C K I N G

Snakes ()

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They are awesome, they will be in town Friday for two shows, going to try to catch them. purps

• loosie
    loosie

I love their version of carol of the bells.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love their music! Saw them two years ago and it was awesome...sammieswife.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Someone gave me their Christmas CD a couple of years ago for Christmas.... Love it...

Coffee

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I just saw them last week in D.C., they were phenomenal! We got VIP passes because our friend's dad grew up with Jeff the drummer. Jeff brought us signed programs which I thought was very nice. We were 10th row back, front and center.

The music is amazing but the LIGHTS are incredible. The lights are done by the same guys that do lights for Kiss and Motley Crue (sp?). It snowed on us and I felt like a little kid. It was an awesome experience.

Thank you Silence for the gift of their CD last year! I love these guys!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    what...TheSilence hasnt checked in on this thread yet? S H O C K I N G

Smartass... I've been out all day and just got home

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is wonderful. I love the Christmas music and classical music played on electric violins and guitars. But as awewome as the music is, you can't truly experience it unless you see their Christmas show. When it tours next year make a point of attending if you have the opportunity. Not only is the lights show phenomenal, as Robin said, but they have this guy with this deep, rich voice who tells a Christmas story between the songs. It's just a really neat experience. That's the first half of the show. The second half they just play an assortment of their music with the laser light show.

If you buy their CD 'Christmas Eve and Other Stories' it has a booklet that starts with the synopsis of the story and then it has the actual story (it's in verse) written out with the lyrics to the songs added in where the songs would play during the concert. Their other CDs have stories included in them as well, but the only one they've toured is 'Christmas Eve and Other Stories' and it contains most of their most popular songs. I would love for them to do a summer tour of 'Beethoven's Last Night' and they had announced doing it for several years but just never followed through on it.

I have seen them every year since they first came to St. Louis. After the first year I dragged my mom and my brother along and now it's a tradition for us to go every year. Each year we try to take a few other family members if they are interested as well. It's good to be allowed to have Christmas traditions ;)

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit