Light Without Heat

by cameo-d 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

rev 21:

23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp

No sun? No moon?

Light without heat?

This seems like an artificial environment.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I guess it's not an exothermic process.

BTS

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I happened to be thinking the other day that one of the countless differences between ancient and modern world representations (implying potential misunderstanding when we read ancient texts) is, precisely, the connection between light and heat. These are much more "independent" perceptions, hence concepts in our mind (due to a largely artificial environment) than they could possibly be in a pre-industrial context. So I guess when we read "light" we must think "heat" as well, unless the context explicitly distinguishes the notions (e.g. the burning bush, or some prophetic/apocalyptical visions which combine light and cold as an intended oddity).

• ecuador
    ecuador

We know scientifically that light can exist without heat, I am just not sure that humans can currently duplicate it. (The firefly) I believe that there was light in the beginning before the sun was created. God is light, and He can produce light without heat if He so desires.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what about those goofy green/yellow capsules that u have to bend to break to create light. No heat from those capsules. I remember them at Disneyland and six flags

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    what about those goofy green/yellow capsules that u have to bend to break to create light. No heat from those capsules. I remember them at Disneyland and six flags

So you think New Jerusalem will be like a concert hall and we will all carry those sparklers around?

The above scripture was taken from Rev. description of the monolith structure of New Jerusalem.

• abbagail
    abbagail

ha, no sparklers, imho, fun as they are... God is Light... never ending light... as it says: "... for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp..." so THEY will be our light. It won't be a problem (as in too much sunburn, lol) because we will be in our immortal incorruptible bodies like the Lamb's body.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Revelation 21:23

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp

IT IS PART OF A MASONIC RITUAL.

It is part of a ceremony in which the initiate is blindfolded. After the blindfold is removed the following question is asked: "What do you see?"

The initiate is expected to anser: "I can see the sun, and the moon, and the Grand Master."

This implies that the sun shines during the day and the moon during the night, but their light is not necessary because the Grand Master illuminates the lodge with his wisdom.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJNxjuoPKI&feature=related

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Masons are such copy cats!

Difference is who their "Grand Master" is who they get "Illumination from" (false light) vs. Jesus as the Light of the World. (too tired to look up verses).

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    and the Lamb is its lamp

Quote:

This paschal lamb, or Lamb of God, has been adopted as a symbol by the Knights Templar, being borne in one of the banners of the Order, and constituting, with the square which it surmounts, the jewel of the Generalissimo of a Commandery.

The Order of the Golden Fleece here referred to was founded in the year 1492 by Philip, Duke of Burgundy.

While the Apron has come down to us from the very sunrise of time. "Hebrew Prophets often wore Aprons." They were used in the ancient mysteries of India and Egypt. They were used by early Chinese secret societies. By the Jewish religious sect called Essenes. They were employed as emblems by the Incas of Peru. The Aztecs of Mexico, and the prehistoric races of the American continent.

Its temple is erected to the Master Builder, its Great Light is the Word of Revelation and at its center is an Altar of high and holy purpose. Like the shadow of a rock in a weary land, like a shining light in the window of a home, is the spirit of Freemasonry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit