RAY FRANZ ACCUSED OF LYING

by whereami 35 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling
    Apparently Peter Gregerson has recently made a statement somewhere on the net, in answer to this accusation.

"Aparently"?

Aparently from what? Do we have a link?

• binadub
    binadub

Ros posted this on the board where the discussion originated (page 4 #74)

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TE2VNOHMNL9APQUUV/p4#c74

Quote:
    ======================

This is a response from Peter Gregerson to comments on this site:

"Let me add some clarification to my statement that I had never been 'in trouble' and specifically gave examples of what I meant, that I hadn't been disfellowshipped,(DF/d) or even accused before a committee in 50 years.

"In saying that, I was well aware of Ray Franz's description of the situation at the time. Ray's account is accurate. I wrote a letter of resignation. The words "witch hunt" were used, and in a way, that was what seemed to be happening. I guess it was a natural reaction to WT articles and the presence of Ray in our congregation. Of course, as his employer, there would be comments about me. I didn't know the source of such gossip, but after the circuit overseer and another brother visited me, I began to have bad feelings about it. The only thing we specifically discussed was a technical term used in the WT where they used it in error. The circuit man finally admitted as much. There was even a fair amount of humor in our conversation and both brothers made it clear that they held me in high esteem. They represented it as a friendly visit to clear up some idle gossip.

"I certainly did not see myself 'in trouble'. But after receiving a 2nd invitation to discuss this some more, I was left with a premonition that sooner or later, if it didn't stop, it may lead to repercussions which could involve me, and especially my family. At that time there was no special problem with a person resigning. There certainly was no connecting that with being treated as a 'D/Fd' person'. So that is what I did. Members of the congregation continued to speak and deal with me, including a number of elders who were employees.(I left in March and it was not until Sept 15, when the society changed the policy so that anyone voluntarily leaving would be treated as one 'DF/d'.)

"After writing the letter I called Brooklyn to tell them of my letter. I talked with a friend of over 25 years, David Olson, a brother serving in the powerful "Service Dept". He told me that he was sorry about my decision but that,'we love you here and hope you will soon be back'. I was not 'in trouble' with Brooklyn. In fact, brother Olson concluded by saying,'when you come back, there will be many blessings in your future'.
    "In closing, let me explain WHY I said that I was not 'in trouble' and I referred to that term specifically as being 'DF/d', etc. Many times when a Witness is presented with information about the WT, the first thing the Witness wants to know is whether the person has been 'DF/d' and so is now retaliating with anger and hate. I was not! I just wanted people to know that I chose to leave and was not 'DF/d'. In fact, in every conversation people asked me to stay. Even quite recently a Witness told a relative of mine that some want me to "come back" and that I could since I was never DF/d".

"My decision was a matter between God and me, in prayer. I did not have the spirit of retaliation for being unjustly 'DF/d'. The situation in our city simply made it an appropriate time to leave. I hope this helps to clarify my words."

~Peter V. Gregerson
    ==========
    Respectfully,
    ~Ros
    xjw.com

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks binadub.....I actually received an email from Peter's wife on the subject the other day and she basically said the same thing as written above. I guess Peter got several emails on the subject after it was raised.

As for the asswipe "F.H. Chandler" over there who originally posted this, he still can't let it go even though another poster posted the reply from Peter Gregerson explaining what he meant. Instead, FH Chandler continues to snidely insinuate that Peter never actually wrote that response and miraculously, F.H. Chandler seems to know exactly how Peter should have felt and what he experienced----miracles never cease. He's about as impartial and objective as what Reniaa is.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Ray doesn't have to explain a darn thing, the record is there. Here are some things people have told me Ray Franz is (active witnesses):

- A Liar

- A Homosexual

- Arrogent

- deceitful

Mostly all said by people who have never met the man, or read his books. In order to prove such things, you better fork over an supposed inconsistency found between a published book and an internet page made by somebody who themselves says there is no inconsistency.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    one "who never had any problems such as reproof, disfellowshipping, shunning, etc. so I have no "sour grapes" attitude."

Hell, I could say that one.
    If, years from now, I am to DA or just have been faded for so long, I could honestly say that
    I have never had problems such as reproof or disfellowshipping. I could say that my loved ones
    have not shunned me. I could state that I "HAVE" no sour grapes attitude because my
    bitterness is already behind me.

I do not see a "LIE" in one statement from one person sort of contradicting Ray Franz. They
    both tell the truth of the matter in their point of view. Point of view also changes over time.
    As I look back, I have changed my point of view of what happened to me.

• whereami
    whereami

I'm really glad that this person on that other site (FCHANDLER) was shown how much of an idiot he is. Thanks for everyones help, especially Peter G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit