How many jws go door knocking christmas week?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any ideas?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Too damn many. I remember going out in field circus the week leading into Christmas, and it is pretty much business as usual.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oo Oo, I just saw a gaggle of jws (about 10 total) taking a coffee break at a AM PM Mini market yesterday morning at about 11. It was in the low 30's and they had a small child with them (she looked about 2 or 3).

Josie

• four candles
    four candles

I remember going once actually on xmas day,never been shouted at so much.Never again, Refused to go since....well not been on FS for 5 years now.

• blondie
    blondie

The last time I went was over 20 years ago when I was regular pioneering and needed my time. One woman was so upset and yelling...I could tell it was more than me. She calmed down and it turned out that she thought jws didn't believe in Christ like the Jews because they didn't celebrate Christmas. After some discussion, we both agreed that being a Christian was much more than a holiday.

But I never went out again on Christmas day and who wants to wake up the partiers on New Years Day?

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember it well... one year one of the Bro's was beaten up by a drunk guy at the door.

I always thought that was the BEST time to go, since they all "pretended" to love God!!!! Little did I know it was ME that didnt KNOW him DAH!!!!

• rekless
    rekless

I went one time after I was baptized in 1972 and never went again, because I felt so bad about interupting the people's celbration. I believe the only ones who go are the ones who want to impress the elders. Alot of the elders didn't go they met for foeld service and sent the flock out and gave excuses why they couldn't go.

• mouthy
    mouthy

are the ones who want to impress the elders

No I went because I believed it was GOD's orders. I couldnt give a fig about the elders. I thought I was obeying GOD

• Mandette
    Mandette

They're fools if they're out this week.....it's 5 degrees with windchills in the -20's.

Winter Storm warnings and blizzard conditions........

I'm sure there'll be a large group out on Christmas day!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Mandette

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

"I remember going once actually on xmas day,never been shouted at so much"

I did the same, once with the CO.

In retrospect I feel like a complete a**hole.

I don't think I have ever shown such complete disrespect to another human.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit