How many jws go door knocking christmas week?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

When I was little ......yes many did.

But now......not really.

They may meet for FS, but most just drop off tracts at laundry mats and such and just go back home with their families.

• carla
    carla

For a jw to go out on Christmas day would be like a Christian showing up at their reject Jesus memorial and trying to preach to the cong or in the parking lot. Think they would find that disrespectful?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For a jw to go out on Christmas day would be like a Christian showing up at their reject Jesus memorial and trying to preach to the cong or in the parking lot. Think they would find that disrespectful?

And they complain when apostates do just that, both at the REJECT Jesus Party and at the Grand Boasting Sessions. I have found that the witlesses do not even go near apostates in those venues. Yet, they expect householders to be receptive when they go to the door in field circus with wastes of paper and Washtowel Teach books.

• LDH
    LDH

I went out on many a Christmas day and thought it was the HEIGHT of disrespect that these fools wouldn't even listen to me on the one day a year they're supposed to be caring about Jesus.

They were much too busy doing useless things like spending enjoyable time with their families to interrupt themselves to listen to my cult dialogue.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Carla said it.

Going out on Christmas creates the feeling in people that a JW would feel if some Pentacostals showed up at the Memorial and started preaching about their religion. Is that a good feeling? Who else, other than a sociopath, would want to cause that feeling in someone else?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I did one or two times till I wised up, and told the elders what if people cam and asked for bib;e information during the memorial, would you halt everything or would say lets meet at a latter time.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I always refused to go out on holidays. I thought it was respectful to at least leave people alone on their holidays.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit