Can loving/giving too much ruin a relationship?

by mtsgrad 41 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well I don't know what all the nice guy/bad boy talk really means, but I think it's pretty damn simple for this woman. I like a guy who is quick witted, funny, confident, strong, RESPONSIBLE, caring, respectful, honest, affectionate, kisses me on the back of the neck when I'm cooking, and not afraid I'm gonna break in the sak

Couple things my guy's done that really impressed me. I went out to my car after a long tiring day at work, knowing that I had to fight traffic and get to a gas station before I went home and cooked dinner for the kids. My tank was full. He had stopped by my job and filled it up. He bought milk without me asking him. I never had someone who noticed things that needed done, and did them before. I was on a total Tuscany kick at one point, and he came home with a Tuscany cookbook. Just today, he came home from Christmas shopping, and had a little universal remote for my kitchen tv/dvd player, because I lost it in the move and I'm in there making cookies today. He took me to the opera, because I love it, he doesn't. Same for the ballet, and it was all his idea. One of my favorite Christmas presents, was a personalized romance novel where we were the main characters. It's thoughtfulness, not weakness. It's mutual respect.

Now you boys may be familiar with girls who are more impressed with fancy restaurants and designer handbags and expensive jewelry. Good luck.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    won't change from being 'nice' to being not nice cos he wouldn't want to be with women who would rather be treated that way class

Bam! In a nutshell my friend. This is what so many men can't seem to get through their heads.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

love is a limitless quality

• rebel8
    rebel8

Elsewhere, now I'm curious.....what do you now do to be edgy?

Belch and whatnot?
    {j/k}

• yknot
    yknot

Beks......

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am pea green with envy and delightfully happy for you at the same time!

What part of California do they grow that variety?

I think I got gypped on my Glendora-born guy!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhhh Ynot, I could tell you more, but not in mixed company

I honestly do not know how I got so lucky. Well, I will have to say, I treat him very well too. I'm sweet and giving and damn funny. Then there's that sak thing.

Love is lovelier the second time around, if you learned something the first time.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Now I am jealous Beks, you never treat me nice like that.

BTS

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Beks

Love is lovelier the second time around, if you learned something the first time.
    I do hope I have learnt.

You are such an inspiration!

If this guy does not last can I give my number? After all third time would be amazing.

mtsgrad

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now I am jealous Beks, you never treat me nice like that.

BTS

Burn, get back to your guns and religion threads.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think culture also comes into play too.... California and Yankee women don't put up with as much bravado as Southern women.

Oh I don't know, I think southern women are very assertive, we just know how to do it and not lose that femininity. I know many southern women who are quite adept with a velvet covered cast iron skillet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit