Born again JW's?

by free2beme 46 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybe it is just because I am controlled by Satan, right? LOL Sorry,

You said it not us!!!!LOL

• free2beme
    free2beme

I know how Ultra Christians are and it always ends with them saying that to me when I touch in to areas that they considered their sacred right. Maybe I should buy some horns and a pitch fork, right?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I know how Ultra Christians are and it always ends with them saying that to me when I touch in to areas that they considered their sacred right. Maybe I should buy some horns and a pitch fork, right?

I think you are suffering from a bad case of projection. Now I don't deny the dangers of extremism, but I think that when you look at ultra fundy Christians not only are you are seeing all their flaws, but maybe you are looking in a mirror as well. BTS

• free2beme
    free2beme

So when I look in this mirror reality, am I wearing horns? Nice try at trying to change the subject, by acting like I was some how self indulgent in asking the question. However, it is not a question that is not exactly unknown. Many people feel this way, when dealing with Ultra (any religion) type people.

• David2002
    David2002

The only one who are truly born again Christians are those who have the hope as reigning with Christ in the heavenly kingdom, as kings ands priests, reigning over humankind living in paradise earth. (Rev. 5:9,10, Rev. 20:4-6; Rev. 14:1-3; Rev. 21:1-4; Psa. 37:10,11,29)

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I just wanted to mention that I am a born again Christian, but I would not call myself radical or a "right winger". I do not judge people like I did when I was a witness. I see my own faults and weaknesses and I know that my only salvation is in Christ alone, not religion and not in my own works. I see some of the people who claim to be
    Christians such as all the ones who are mixing in politics (like James Dobson and others) who are very judgemental and condemnatory of others and I do not want to be anything like them. It bothers me that people lump us all together because Christians are very diverse, unlike JWs. As a Christian, I enjoy life, not like when I was a witness. I can celebrate the holidays, I can be friends with whoever I choose, I can read whatever I want, debate with people of any belief system and not get scared. There is no comparison with my life now as opposed to when I was a witness. I feel freedom instead of being in prison, big difference.

Wendy

• seek2find
    seek2find

I think the term "Born again" carries different meanings to different people. The way we were taught as witnesses was that "Born again Christians" were all glassy eyed snake handlers speaking in tongues and "being slain in the spirit" maniacs. Maybe a rare few who claim to be born again fit this description. But these cases are rare. I think the common thread of those who are really Born again is that they have reached the point in their lives where they realize that they can't do things on their own anymore and submit to Christ leadership and living by power of the Holy Spirit. A new life begins and a new direction is taken. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit