Are you still considered an outcast because of your JW past?

by Quirky1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, very much so. My family is anything but understanding with regard to my choice (though a deluded one) to cut them off due to a cult involement. They are very religious, too.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I should add that not knowing how to behave was a problem for me as well. That's part of how certain co-workers have been helpful. They fill me in on what I need to know. Other tactics I use are taking cues from how other functional and well balanced people behave in the same settings as I find myself in. Plus I have the feedback my ex gave me when we were married, much of which was spot on. I think it helps to resist the urge to retreat into oneself and the Web and push through the discomfort that might exist in developing face to face relationships. I see so many ways that having been married, having girlfriends, friends in the community and the workplace, and a daughter have helped me avoid taking positions that sound reasonable to a nerdy geek like me but which ultimately would have been impractical and a turnoff to others.

Isaac

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    Yes, very much so

Lonelysheep, sorry to here this...

not knowing how to behave was a problem for me

Truth, this seems to a problem with the Jwitty mindset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit