Are you still considered an outcast because of your JW past?

by Quirky1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Even though I no longer proclaim being a JW it seems to have tarnished my relationship with others, including family and even co-workers.

I feel as tho I am still treated differently than others.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Not me, I can walk into almost any church and be treated with the utmost respect., same with my non-jw family, and my friends up in Kentucky.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I am an outcast to the the atheist and "alternative lifestyle" crowd, but no loss there.

• blondie
    blondie

For the most part, no problem being an outcast. Actually people are curious; it is amazing how little people really know about jws despite over 60 years of "preaching" (since 1922).

• flipper
    flipper

QUIRKY- I hear ya bro. I am treated with respect by some of my witness family members ( my JW mom & dad, one of my two JW sisters, and my older JW brother sometimes ) but my 2 JW daughters 21 and 20 still have virtually no contact with me. Basically because my JW ex-wife has done her very best in the 10 years since our divorce to essentially malign my good name and character to my adult daughters. My non-JW inactive son sees through the BS ; however my daughters are mind controlled not only by the WT society but their JW mom. Sorry if I sound a bit bitter , but it's reality. So Quirky- you may find it's a mixed bag as well . Sorry you are going through it , but it comes with the territory. Jesus - did I just say territory ? Those JW terms still hit me every now and then ! Keep your chin up brother

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It just seems that people just do not know how to tak you sometimes. One day you are just one of the guys, then you become a JW and you are an outcast, them you are no longer a JW and they are happy but confused about your stand on things.

Granted it may take tome for it to absorb into others that you are no longer a witless.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The more important matter, I think, is whether we treat others as outcasts.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

No, like Blondie I find people are fascinated with my history even though sometimes I don't feel like talking about it. I went to the Doctors office this evening for a further supply of anti-depressants and saw a different Doctor than usual. He was asking all these questions about the JW's and said my story fascinated him. I don't always feel like opening the wounds up but then again any opportunity to anti-witness is good.

I remember reading amazing's story on the web before I came to this forum and in particular his comment on suddenly feeling that everyone around him was his brother or sister. I kind of feel the same about "worldly" people now.

• loosie
    loosie

No regualr people seem easily accepting of me. I did make one girl fall out of her chair laughing though when I told her I was a JW. She said I was too much of a feminist to be a jw.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    No regualr people seem easily accepting of me. I did make one girl fall out of her chair laughing though when I told her I was a JW. She said I was too much of a feminist to be a jw.

Loosie, you are cracking me up!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit