Old JW at my door says," Check it out".....

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Cmon now, even I was better at the door thatn this poor old fella. So, I'm sitting here reading the latest threads and my door bell rings, yeah, just 2 minutes ago. So, I'm thinking maybe it's the mail man with a package I'm expecting, no it's an older, like 70, jw bro. Right off the bat I see the mags folded tucked next to his nwt in his hand. So, he says, " I have these journals that I'd like you to read, one is "Why God saved Noah". He also says, " Check it out". I really wasn't that quick on my game today as I wasn't feeling well. So, I said "ok". I took them from him and again he says," Check it Out". Feeble, eh?

Anyways, I have them here and one is a Wt dated June 1, 2008. The awake is dated December 2008. What a match, huh? I am sure I can expect a return visit as I am now in his placement book as INTERESTED, wouldn't you think? Anyways, next time he returns I'll be ready with some snappy questions that he won't have answers for.

NMG

• minimus
    minimus

Tell him, "I checked it out. Did you realize your religion teaches...."

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Cmon now, even I was better at the door thatn this poor old fella.

Hey... he got you to take the magazines. Another feather in his cap.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What an enthusiastic presentation!

Toward the end I wasn't much better. "Watchtower and Awake! Ya wannem?"

Don't hold your breath waiting for a return visit. 2 women placed magazines with me back in June. I made an effort to act really interested. They never came back.

They couldn't possibly know I'm an "apostate". I live at the other end of the city now, and no JWs out here know me.

W

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yeah, like so many others I felt sorry for him, that's why the older folks get so many placements. But, to think that I have been preparing for a visit by them for so long and I wasn't on my game. That's what tees me off.

But, he didn't open with a scripture, no hope for the future, last days, The BIG A, none of that. Just this pathetic, " Check it Out". I was very inspired. He could have baptised me on the spot.

Next time.

Finally Free.....Ya, they evidently haven't gotten the word that I live here. I guess my older son dropped the ball there, guess it's not important to him, good. My annonymity is intact.

NMG

• cawshun
    cawshun

It would be nice to see all JW's being this enthused, show's lack of interest. Just wishful thinking, that maybe they will see the real "new light".

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A lot of people are kind to elderly dubs.

A friend of mine admits that she lets an old lady call on her because its winter and she needs to get warm. And she has a moustache and beard (wonder what the elduhs think of that?)

Oh yes she said "I haven't got a clue what she's talking about, I just say yes and no where it seems right."

HB

• steve2
    steve2

May be he'll be cool with you checking them out and won't return....He does sound very laid back. Even if he returns, he could be too spaced-out to care what you really think. As for answering your questions...? he may find it difficult to round up two active brain cells to bother. S adly, the current breed of older JWs ain't like the old timers who'd corner you as quick as put eyes on you.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Part of me would want to be kind to a 70 year old wactower salesman.

Nothing I am going to tell him is really going to improve his life or mental well being at this point in his game.

But I have a lot of different people in me, as we all do.

And one person in me, says he is spreading the poison, hes a rattle snake on the sidewalk and their are little children playing nearby.

I wouldnt kill or step on an ant. But their are people in me that would milk the venom out of a rattlesnake if I catch them on the right day.

I'm not scitzophrenic by any means, I've just been reading this week the "Fourth Way" by P.D. Ouspensky.

http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Way-P-D-Ouspensky/dp/0394716728

• oompa
    oompa
    guiltless: I am sure I can expect a return visit as I am now in his placement book as INTERESTED, wouldn't you think?

HELL NO!...you gotta be kiddin?...you actually think they WANT a return visit that could possibly lead to OMG!...a BIBLE STUDY!!!...you gotta be kiddin.........oompa

oh..btw....i like the "check it out"...very youthful for and old guy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit