Nostalgic last minute Book Study attendance?

by slimboyfat 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Everytime I look back to a happier JW time, and they were many, my brain immediately remembers the cruelty inflicted past and present by this organization. Sorry. It's awful I cut them no slack and it overshadows any fond memories I could have. It makes me sick to think about it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My BS meter went all the way to the top the last time I attended.

No thanks.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i think there will be a new record for "snack night" for the last book study. every one i know about is doing one except mine. so i crashing another book study.

• mustang
    mustang
    Just as the book study night is actually going away, gas prices are less than half of what they were in the summer.

I wonder what's going through their minds now.

Damn!!!! Another failed prophecy; hope those 'postates don't catch this one

Mustang

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather go back to the dentist for one last root canal than go back to the book study to probably be herded into full-blown "membership" in the family that got me into the cancer in the first place. At least the dentist doesn't condemn one to perennial field circus from 5:30 AM to 1:30 the next morning every damn day.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I conducted Book Studies for years and since no one ever came prepared, I did most of the talking. Even when the question at the bottom of the page begged the answer, their eyes remained glazed. That's how I learned to give great hour talks!

When the study was over and coffee and donuts were served they all magically became alert geniuses! I don't understand how that part works.

If anyone wants to know the meaning of the term, "braindead idiots", then conduct a Book Study and that term will become perfectly clear.

Farkel

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think the last ever BSG will be genuinely sad.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We went to the last Book Study tonight. At the last minute I decided we should go to a different Book Study across town from the one we are assigned to, which is in the Kingdom Hall. The one we went to is in a sister's house and it's where I used to go for the Book Study when I was younger. The sister said the Book Study has been in her house ever since 1973. It was very pleasant with a good atmosphere. Some of the older sisters were clearly a bit sad this meeting was ending, though resigned to it I suppose. We all got sandwiches and cake, and one brother took pictures for posterity... ah well it's the end of an era.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Anyone who hasn't been in a while tempted to go along to the last couple of Book Studies ever for old time's sake?

It was held at my house.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

tonight is our last one - I am going - it is goody night too!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit