Nostalgic last minute Book Study attendance?

by slimboyfat 19 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anyone who hasn't been in a while tempted to go along to the last couple of Book Studies ever for old time's sake?

Only a couple of weeks left...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes and I will promise to bring the cakes ..........next time!

• Newborn
    Newborn

NEVER!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No, gas prices are too high. It must be true, because the FDS said so. LOL!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Only if I can conduct the BS.

• ninja
    ninja

nope....had enough of their BS

• jws
    jws

I didn't read any announcement about this verbatim, but from what I understand, gas prices were one of the "reasons".

Just as the book study night is actually going away, gas prices are less than half of what they were in the summer.

I wonder what's going through their minds now.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It is way past the bottom of the list of the top hundred things I want to do before the end of the year.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh well looks like the last Book Studies are going to be crowded by the sounds of it.

I think I will struggle along just for one last hoorah over the next couple of weeks. I am going to miss the Book Study you know. It was the best meeting and I have got fond memories of it growing up. I used to go to the book study in my Aunt's house when I was young and all the people seemed so intelligent and all the stuff about wars and famines and the end of the world and the "generation" - it all seemed so real at the time. I would misbehave and fight with my cousin and get told off. And there was a sister there who would have epileptic fits during the meeting and other sisters would need to hold her down as she shook and pull her tongue out of her throat with their hands. And there was a really old sister who would sleep through most of the meeting, wake up after a question was asked, raise her hand and give some really strange comments. It was great fun. To think we'll never have that again it does make me a bit nostalgic. Meetings at the KH are bland in comparison.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yea ...

We go about once a month ...

Bringing a bottle of good cognac ... those in our group are cool.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit