Nine year old boy baptised

by dozy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
  • avishai
    avishai

When I was a kid, that was pretty commonplace. Still happening, huh? Wow.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Catholics baptize their children before they are 1 year of age! What is so surprising?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Your never too young to mess your life up!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Getting baptized before puberty saves you from alot of sins.....if ya know what I mean!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Kin....and in both circumstances the child has no choice and the child doesnt know any better....except in the case of the Catholic child, if he decides to go to the Lutheran Church when he grows up, his family wont shun him.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

L.D., youre absolutely right... Catholics simply dont shun and the jws shun for everything...

Even their lord and saviour jesus was baptized at the age of 30!

I was baptized as a JW at the age of 13... the pressure to do so was incredible and at that age, too much too handle...

I now know that I knew absolutely nothing... I was just a puppet... but now I am truly free of them and any other religion as a matter of fact...

I follow no one and yet I feel closer to whatever the deity or divinity may be, because I have never been happier in my life (shunning included!)

• AnneB
    AnneB

Generally speaking, baptism shows a decision to "do right". What's wrong with making that decision at a young age? IMO, the problem isn't the baptism age, it's the Pharisaic elders and WT organization!

• Emma
    Emma
    baptism shows a decision to "do right

At nine you can't decide what's "right." You could get a child to believe all sorts of things and make a promise. This promise commits them to a very narrow definition of what's "right." If the boy doesn't conform he'll be tossed aside by his family and community, very likely as a teenager when he needs them the most.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The ministers, who had undergone years of pious training on various aspects of the Holy Scriptures and dedicated their lives to the service of God, were ordained in the presence of 15,000 delegates that attended the event.

Speaking at the ceremony, Brother Chinedu Uzozie, urged the new ministers to deepen their appreciation for God by constantly examining the Holy Scriptures and living in conformity with the principles therein.

How many years of pious training could a nine-year-old have done?
    Pious: sacred or devotional, : marked by or showing reverence for deity and devotion to divine worship.

What he meant by "constantly examining the Holy Scriptures" was that they should keep reading
    WTS materials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit