Favorite Christmas movie

by poppers 31 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Hey Farkel, I am unabashedly a member of the "sappy class", that's why I love all of the movies that have been mentioned. Glad to see someone mention The Bishop's Wife - Cary Grant is his usual charming self and Loretta Young is luminous.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Up until the time I was forced to be a JW I had the most memorable Christmas's of all time, I still had my great grandparents until I was 10 years old and they were from the Victorian period and our Christmas's had Victorian overtones with the beautiful giant trees from the floor to the ceilings and laden in the most exquisite colours with dollies and hand made decorations and sachets of lavender and pine and the aroma of turkey and all the other things were fantastic. I didn't care about getting gifts I just loved being with my greats and my grandma and my aunts and uncles. The church and mass and pageants Christmas at church and the carols we would sing and everyone was happy all except my stupid father and an uncle who always tried to ruin it for everyone they would get so drunk but my grandma knew how to put them in their place and my grandma wouldn't let my father take us home she make him go home alone and tell him he can't come back until he was sober. But I just hated it that he couldn't leave it alone for one day. Hell how did I go from movies to family Christmas's

oh yes it was a tradition at our grands to watch the Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life. And cartoons like Scrooge McDuck. and Christmas Carols. My dear grandma and God bless her she was the most wonderful and hospitable person in the world, she did good works and never bragged about it. She was a paragon of faith and strength. I know where I get my qualities from, It certainly wasn't from my parents but it was solely from my beloved grandma and great grandparents all of whom I owe my upbringing to. It had nothing to do with my parents or those JWs/

Orangefatcat decks the halls with bows of holly

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/orangefatcat/XMASBETTY.gif

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit