The average Witness just doesn't talk about doctrine anymore

by BonaFide 32 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    The only things discussed now is rumors found on JWD

Are you saying active good dubs are peeking in?

Are they discussing JWD in a favorable light?

Are the "rumors" about future changes...or do they discuss the revealation of lies about the org?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how much of it is because the doctrines change so often. Just when you master it, it changes and you have to start from square one.

• yknot
    yknot

Are you saying active good dubs are peeking in?

Are they discussing JWD in a favorable light?

Are the "rumors" about future changes...or do they discuss the revealation of lies about the org?

I think in more 'modern, liberal' KHs we have lurkers here........(not my KH)

In mine (bottom of the pyramid) it is a trickle down thing unless I open my mouth..... (I find it interesting how long it takes to reach my territory, kinda like counting between thunder claps)

Yes it is the rumors of change, only in a private and safe place will a JW who fully trusts you reveal their issues. I can assure you everyone in my KH has points of dis-unity with the Borg...... even Nazi Elders.

Lies from the Society if brought up in public and not among close friends who have previously discussed the topic are quickly squashed with 'imperfect men, or old light'........ gotta give it the indoctrination we definitely self and group regulate.

• oompa
    oompa

Boy is this true....before i left i got sooo tired of having to correct (tactfully) my bookstudy conductor and other lazy elder for not keeping up with all the changes. I must of been too concerned with accuracy in teaching....i was even counseled...for get this...using the library too much durning the meetings...i must of been pissed off at all the stupid WRONG falsehoods they were saying from the stage....i mean if you are going to teach falsehoods...at least get your false hood right!

btw...told the elders to screw off...that my memory was so bad i had to look up stuff right away...lol..........................oompa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Most Brothers are Drones......read the Watchtower.....underline....read out comment.....repeat.....any perplexing questions get automatically deleted from the brain.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I noticed that back in the eighties. JWs were willing to discuss bible topics with me until I was baptized in 1984, probably because they could count their time. After that, if I brought up a bible topic they looked at me as if I'd suddenly sprouted an extra head.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Bonafide,

I have seen this for a long time. No one talks about the new system - I think hey, isn't that what we're all looking forward to???

There's no speculation on what life will be like in the new world - as for current doctrine, no one says anything.

Does a cat question the nutritional value of its food?

• Open mind
    Open mind

truthseeker:

No one talks about the new system - I think hey, isn't that what we're all looking forward to???

There's no speculation on what life will be like in the new world

I disagree. This is the one area where dubbies are free to fantasize as long as they don't get dogmatic about land-speeders, teleportation, energy sources, environmental issues, etc.

At least that's what I hear in my area.

om

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    before i left i got sooo tired of having to correct (tactfully) my bookstudy conductor

An active "sister" of my aquaintance recently demanded to be moved to another group because she knew how wrong the M/S taking the study was, and yet since "wearing a skirt" she felt in no place to correct him...Won't happen after New Year, though , will it?

The older ones share the same concerns as us. I agree that all the dubs I know do not want to talk about their faith...What does that tell you about the state of the congregation? Is the cult losing its grip?

• undercover
    undercover
    Most Brothers are Drones......read the Watchtower.....underline....read out comment.....repeat.....any perplexing questions get automatically deleted from the brain.

I remember sitting in a WT study one time after I really started questioning everything. At this one particular study, the scripture cited actually contradicted the point the magazine was making. If you read the one verse, and then went right back to the magazine you could stretch it to make the point, but if you read the entire Bible chapter, it did not match what the point of the paragraph was.

It was a moment of clarity, enlightment, an epiphany, whatever...but I realized at that moment I had been sitting at the WT study all those years and never, ever really studied the material presented...and the one time that I actually took the time to compare it to the Bible, it failed.

There was no going back after that. Once that door had been opened into that part of my brain, I was overloaded with doubts, questions and criticisms of the bOrg from the deepest recesses of my mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit