Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-14-08 WT Study (WATCHES)

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Thanks Blondie!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Jehovah Watches - For our Good" ....Hmm reminds me of the PSB messages that speed camera's that catch you exceeding the limit and fine you are really "Safety Cameras" for our good ...I don't believe that either...

The theme is from the account of the prophet Hanani telling Asa that he missed out by turning to military aid from Syria rather than relying on Jehovah...So wars would continue..The message is that he shows support only to those who totally rely on him .Seems to me to be more of a quid pro quo,than the gift of a loving father?? If you are not one of the believers the WT calls you "Deceitful or hypocritical" P 2

Obedience to the Theocratic structure of things is the thing here, notice how P9 links up Jehovahs direct appeal to Baruch with elders today "readjusting a man in a spirit of mildness" . Obey the elder as if he speaks for God...

NB p12 "Christ's love is often expressed through the elders, who serve as spiritual shepherds of the congregation. He can move these "gifts in men" to give comfort, encouragement, or counsel when needed. (Eph. 4:8; Acts 20:28; read Isaiah 32: 1, 2.) Do you view their efforts as an expression of Christ's interest in you personally?"

So when the elders criticize your dress, or your music , or your WT Study answers ...it is Christ really speaking to you

LOL at the prison example of prayers answered, in P 15 - Snakes has already described that well.

Just be a good boy, do what the elders tell you, spend your time in our service and don't forget that you are being watched all the time..but it is all for your good ...

Merry Christmas!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    15. Unable to communicate with one another, the three men prayed for wisdom. The following morning, all three found that they had decided on exactly the same solution-they simply would decline breakfast. When the guards later came to collect the plates, the three men had none to return. How glad they were that the "Hearer of prayer" was near!--

Are you kidding me? This had nothing to do with prayer. It was just the best way out of a jam. Its like little JW kids that don't go to school on holidays...if you don't show-up then you don't have to participate...what does prayer have to do with that?

And why is this article written like its for grade schoolers?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    19. Yes, "the eyes of Jehovah are upon the righteous ones, and his ears are toward their supplication." (1 Pet. 3:12) Do you rejoice in your heavenly Father's watchfulness? Do you feel safe and secure in knowing that his eyes are upon you for your good? Be determined, then, to continue walking with God--no matter what the future may hold. We can be sure that Jehovah will always keep a close, fatherly eye upon all his loyal ones.-Ps. 32:8; read Isaiah 41:13.

Its statements like the one in para.19 that really get me. Hasn't enough time passed already to know who's been naughty or nice? How much more watching does he have to do before he acts? Even if not in my behalf, then in the behalf of all the children, poor, the ill and the homeless. And why does God have to prove anything to an inferior being like Satan? Stop watching and act!

Its like the Chairman of a global Fortune 50 company addressing his employees that "The lead janitor said that none of you really like working here. So, everyone must come to work with a smile everyday and continue to smile all day until the lead janitor is convinced that you all like working here, then I will give everyone ten years of paid vacation. If anyone takes a day off or doesn't smile and extol the company then we are starting all over again until I can prove to the lead janitor that everyone likes working here. I'll be watching you. For those of you that put in overtime, you will get the same reward as everyone else but you be a lot happier while you're working toward your reward. Btw...no office parties of any kind unless you are celebrating the day my son was announced as CEO"

Most people would quit and go work someplace else because they would think the whole company had lost it's friggin mind!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You are truly gifted, Ms. Blondie!

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

I know an older sister who was so depressed that she tried to kill herself

Back in 1994, while serving as an elder, The "body" of elders met with me to discuss, among other things, the fact that my wife wore a denim skirt while translating the meetings into ASL for the deaf. I bring this up because at the time she was suffering from serious depression, suicidal thoughts and all. They were aware of this but the denim skirt apparently was more important.

Skeptic1914

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

You point on if you have been raped or molested should you not say anything. Yes that is how they totally feel. I was in fact just told that two weeks ago. I just need to think happy thoughts and I must not ever read the WT and Awake on child abuse because I am allowing Satan in. That was by an CO. How crazy

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks again Blondie....she didn't go....but I am sure the sister will be telling her how wonderful the study was she missed!!!

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks Blondie. I was very puzzled by the reference to the prisoners. Not only was the solution to their dilemma obvious and hardly “evidence of answers to a prayer“, the WTS has often said that unbaptised persons have only very limited and nominal access to Jehovah via prayer. Yet in this instance He heard & gave the solution to three individuals - criminals at that.

w901/15p.6WhosePrayersAreAnswered?***

Before Cornelius was baptized, his prayers only “ascended as a remembrance before God.” (Acts 10:4) However, by making a dedication to God on the basis of his belief in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, and being baptized, Cornelius unreservedly gave himself to Jehovah. This established a wonderful closeness between God and this devout man—a relationship giving Cornelius the unrestricted privilege of prayer. (James 4:8) He could approach his heavenly Father through Christ Jesus with the expectation of being heard. That is what happens to all who dedicate themselves to God through Christ and get baptized. They too have the unrestricted privilege of prayer.

• Mary
    Mary
    Simply put, we walk with Jehovah when we closely follow his counsel, which we receive primarily through his written Word and through "the faithful and discreet slave."-Matt. 24:45; 2 Tim. 3:16.

I am so frigging sick of reading how these jackasses keep equating the "F&DS" with both the bible and God himself at every opportune moment. Jesus is barely mentioned and apparently, following Jehovah's counsel is done through the Witchtower Babel and Trash Society---not the Son of God.

............Jesus is no celestial policeman.

Unlike the Borg itself which encourages brothers and sisters to rat each other out (except if you're a pedophile) for the smallest infractions like buying a lottery ticket, smoking a cigarette, reading a book not published by the WTS, or feeling up your fiancee.

As the present system of things moves toward its end, the foretold "pangs of distress" will continue. (Matt. 24:8 ) For example, food prices may rise considerably because of increasing demand, extreme weather, or economic instability. Employment may become harder to find, and employees may come under increased pressure to work longer hours. Whatever happens, all who keep spiritual interests in first place and maintain a 'simple eye' need not be overly anxious.

Ya----just don't except any financial help from headquarters. They're too busy trying to figure out ways to avoid 'paying back Caesar's things to Caesar' and avoiding costly lawsuits, not to mention their increasingly irrational desire for absolute control over your life. I truly find it amazing and disgusting that a religion that is worth billions of dollars will not contribute one red cent to any of their followers who fall on hard times. They'll write meaningless garbage (as noted above) that does nothing to put food on the table or pay bills of the rank and file; all the while, they sit there with absolutely no financial cares in the world as their food, clothing and shelter are all provided for absolutely free of charge by the very people who they now refuse to help.

What a crock of shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit