Can You Defend Yourself before a J. Committee?

by D wiltshire 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I know I have a biased opinion but at my JC meeting which they claimed confirmed that I refused to meet with them (go figure?) they raised quite a few points and I proved that I was telling the truth from the quotes in their own literature.

I asked if even though I was telling the truth and presenting the facts and the WTS wasn't that this still meant I was in the wrong and they thought this sounded pretty reasonable.

YOU CANNOT WIN. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE THEM YOU ARE RIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE.

They are not there to help you or find out what the truth is. They are in positions of power in a mind-control cult and ALL that they care about is protecting their organisation and their own positions.

Just my opinion based on my own experiences.

• avengers
    avengers

I have stood before several committees. They haven't df me yet. I'm expecting a case pretty soon again. It seems this time they are taking their time. I have not spread any lies, so they can't catch me. They are the ones spreading lies and I'm able to catch them.

[quote"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein [/quote]

• larc
    larc

avengers,

I like your strategy. Well done.

Now, it seems to me that if you could docuement their lies with two witnesses you could ask for proceedings against them. Now, that would be fun.

• lostboy
    lostboy

No you cant. Plain and simple, once the committe is formed it makes a decision. 99% is disfellowshipping or discipline. was told once a committee is formed they must take some action

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

It all boils down to what it is that you really want to do. You will not be allowed to stay as a member in good standing if you are promoting ideas that are contrary to official WT teaching. If you have no desire to promote your doubts and convictions then there is no reason for your being df’d as long as you keep a cool head.

You cannot be df’d for not attending a JC meeting. In the event that the local elders do this, it can be reversed by the Society. The KS book is quite plain on this. Again, it come to what it is that you want to do. If you don’t want to remain within the organization, your only option is df/da. If you want to remain in it, for whatever reasons, you must not promote doctrine contrary to WT teaching nor must your lifestyle and conduct be in violation of WT doctrine.

I had a case once where an old brother was in a very serious accident and the doctor told him he needed blood or he would die. His wife called the P.O. and I went with him to the hospital. We were there when he told the doctors to use the blood. We did not df the man because we felt that he was under great duress and we could not be certain that he had his full mental capacity at the time. What I’m saying is that a lot of time it depends on the local body. The local elders have great leeway in these decisions.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Just to show how it can go the other way, an elderly sister had been ‘counseled’ several times for allowing her df’d daughters to stop by and see how she was doing. When she applied to auxiliary pioneer, one of the elders (her son-in-law, no less) objected to her being allowed to do so. My argument was: What are we doing here? Are we telling this sister that she can’t go in service? We can’t do that, she’s free to go ahead and put the hours in anyway. So, in fact, all that we are doing is saying that we can’t announce her name from the podium at the next service meeting that she will be pioneering along with her daughters and her friends. That’s all we’re doing.

Her application was approved but when the C.O. came, this elder ran to him and told him of the great injustice that had been done. The C.O. was pissed but I stuck to my guns and told him what I had told the others. He didn’t like it but there was nothing he could do now after the fact.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

What gets me is that the WT has the nerve to call them "JUDICIAL" committees.
    Judicial and justice arn't they related, if not brothers definitly 1st cousins.
    I don't think something can be given the adjective "judicial" unless justice is what is implied.

And if justice is not a priority in these meeting what would be a more apropriate adjective in place of "JUDICIAL"?

Any thoughts?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • DannyBear
    DannyBear

DW,

'Ridiculous' Committee's, Hanging Committee, PompusAss Committee, Unmitigated gall Committee, Nothing to do Whatsoever with Judicious Committee, We Will Get You Committee, Why Bother with Committee

Danny

• thewiz
    thewiz

My Bro. was going thru a very difficult time. He had to go into a mental hospital. His behaviour was so strange that it shocked me. I thought he was putting on an act. He was a different person, I tell you.

I was with him and he requested from an E.R. Dr. for a certain medicine, and that he wanted the Dr. to write out a death certificate. I chewed the Dr. out right there on the spot. He was going to give the medicine, just because my Bro. asked for it.

Anyway, my bro. shows up at the K.H. with my Dad. My Bro. was like a complete zombie. Not because of the break-down but because of the meds.

Anyway, he sent a letter in to the local Elders, saying he wanted to DA himself. Now the Elders knew full well of his mental condition but carried it out anyway. He did it out of protest because they were doing NOTHING to his former wife. IT's a long story.

A couple years later I asked the PO of the Hall why they did that and he said, that's what he wanted. I then reminded him and asked him if he was aware of my Bros. condition at the time. He was aware.

They really didn't care. I think they just wanted to shut him up. Which is one of the biggest advantages for them. Don't want the story to leak? DA or DF someone, it totally discredits a person as far as they are concerned.

It took several years for him to find out that his wife had committed adultery, several times.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Wiz,

These elder's are supposed to be the same ones that according to the WT will rule as princes in the earth.
    Imagine if that were truth?(There goes paradise.)

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit