What good would a DA letter do?

by dogon 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    How is it that by our "standing off" or "standing away" from everything JW........that we are still in "good standing"....i don't get that otwo....do they do they not have some other label for us than that?....they have so many labels and all....................................oompa

Oompa, a faded JW is "inactive brother or sister." This is a step below a reproved person
    who kisses their asses and attends the meetings.

We may be half-a-step above a DF'ed person who is trying to get reinstated.

While we are not their ideal, technically we are "in good standing" if we have not met with
    a JC. The good standing doesn't really mean much, though.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

What good would a DA letter do? Hmmm, I've thought about this for about a year now. I figure that I "do not" have to play by their rules. In "my" mind I am no longer a JW. Even though it is a personal matter it is still "my" choice.

If they are unable to read between the lines all they have to do is ask and I will be more than happy to tell them. "But", like Oompa and others here, I haven't heard a peep out of any of the elders in more than a year.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Why make a problem for the family that are still dubs? Why should they have the hassle of coping with a d/a relative? I don't really care but they have to consider , will I be there if they visit, How do they treat me? What are they allowed to say? I do not see the point of making unnecessary problems.

Why make the elders job easy for them? If they ever decide to come after me I will be vague, unresponsive, I will play it by the book like a defendant on trial and of course appeal any d.f decision ...tie up their time, at least they won't be harassing anybody else when they are chasing me...

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Be posted with not enough stamps.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If I were DA or DF a lot of people that talk to me now,would not be able to..Not much point in making trouble for them,or myself.......I don`t claim to be a JW..Nor do I give anyone a hard time who is a JW..Unless they are looking for trouble..LOL!!..........I still get to see and talk to JW friends and family with no problems........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was told that I would still get called on once a year by the elders, DF'd or Da'd. That was after I told him I didn't want any of them coming by and bugging me. They've called a few times still, and ladies have come by with the magazines. I told them to not waste them on me, I would just throw them away.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It seems to me that a DA letter would be like reclaiming your Sovereignty.

When you join the church through letter or baptism, you are actually giving the organization authority to rule you. You are submitting yourself to their laws and dictates. That is why state and federal gov will not intefere with organizational policies and edicts.

By writing a DA letter and rescinding your pledge/baptism, there is no legal hold on you anymore.

You will be legally free.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Or you can do this, so that they don't get the satisfaction of pigeon-holing you into a DF or DA category: http://xjwnet.ning.com/forum/topics/the-letter-your-experiences

• iceguy
    iceguy

momzcrazy I was told I would get a visit one a year...it has been 2 years Dec 6th and I have yet to get a visit. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Why make the elders job easy for them? If they ever decide to come after me I will be vague, unresponsive, I will play it by the book like a defendant on trial and of course appeal any d.f decision ...tie up their time, at least they won't be harassing anybody else when they are chasing me...

I completely agree with B.B. I would like to tie them up and and let them have to work at it rather than just give them a DA letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit