The most stupid thing a sister said to me

by Newborn 41 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Affairs are about sex.

Not always. Sometimes there are affairs of the heart.

• jws
    jws
    Not always. Sometimes there are affairs of the heart.

Perhaps. But I'm a guy and I don't fully understand what the nuances of an "affair of the heart" might be. A close friendship?

These two people apparently share their time already and probably consider each other friends. What this JW sister is talking about seems to be different than friendship. Certainly they could become closer friends without one of them needing to change to a man.

I'm sorry, but that whole comment implies sex to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Affairs of the heart are when you love each other or get high from each other's presence, but you never take it to the physical level. Lottsa people have affairs of the heart on line and don't think they are cheating.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, yeah, her comment implied that. But I was addressing another statement. Affairs don't always involve sex. Sometimes they just involve crushes of the mutual kind.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Except the fact that she said "if I were a man" ... why would she want to be a man? To have sex. She is either bi-curious or a closet lesbian. Regardless, I wonder how she would respond if you kiddingly winked and said, "Do you have to be a man?" ... yes, she's testing the waters to see how you would respond. Pretty risky in a religion that is known for spreading gossip and reporting to elders on hearsay rumors. She's probably bored outta her mind with her JW husband.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Whatever that woman meant...I bet she is really regretting making that comment. You know how you hear yourself say things later and it makes you shudder??

I bet she wishes she could unring THAT bell!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You know how you hear yourself say things later and it makes you shudder??

Oh, if I only had a dollar for every time that happened to me...

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

She's tired of her husband and really likes your personality and the trust you two have.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think everyone is probably at least a teensy bi. Even the governing body members. Especially the governing body members.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You have got to be so HOT, Newborn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit