Here's what happens when you buy the wrong gift.

by JeffT 13 Replies latest social humour

• JeffT
  • DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

This is hilarious!!! I sent it out to my family.

• carla
    carla

Hillarious! thanks Jeff!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I don't understand what these guys did wrong ?????????? LOL

• Emma
    Emma

Moomanchu, I hope you're not my secret santa! lol

• sacolton
    sacolton

Who's dumb enough to buy their wife a vacuum cleaner? Exercise machine? Gym membership? Whew, that's grounds for divorce. I play it smart and give my wife gift cards to her favorite stores.

• poppers
    poppers

Now that was funny!

• edward612
    edward612

This would be a great Holiday Crash Course in shopping. LOL

• abbagail
    abbagail

Very Funny! esp. the wild and crazy guy who bought his wife some hot wax for her upper lip ! HA!

No wonder he's never getting out, lol.

Forget the vacuum cleaner or the thigh-master... as hot wax for lip would be never-forgiveable, lol.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I play it smart and give my wife gift cards to her favorite stores.

Sacoulton...a heads up.....

Forbes:

Giving gift cards used to be the no-hassle way to say, "Happy Holidays." Rather than spend time looking for a gift, let the recipients figure out what they want for themselves.

But with hidden fees and restrictions unique to each chain, gift cards can wind up offering more annoyance than ease of use. And in some cases, consumers fear the cards they give--as well as receive--could be worth nothing at all come the end of the holiday season

Those concerns stem from the fact that it's no secret retailers are struggling this year. Some, such as Circuit City (nyse: CC - news - people ) and the Sharper Image (nasdaq: SHRP - news - people ), are even staring down the barrel of bankruptcy, which could make shoppers even more hesitant.

Local paper ran a story last week to the tune of "avoid" giving gift cards this year because of the economic crisis and many retailers soon to bankrupt or fold. (esp. after holidays)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit