If you could choose one religion to disappear from this earth.....

by Quirky1 49 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I wished Stilla had some way to make his position MORE clearly known .. ......... LOL~Cal

• snowbird
    snowbird
    You are a Christian. That is a religion. You have a high respect for it's most important book, the Bible, and for its founder, Jesus. It seems to me that what you don't do is belong to any particular sect, denomination or church.

BTS

I don't belong to any particular sect, denomination, or church, but some will say that a belief in the Trinity is a must in order to be Christian.

I don't subscribe to the Trinity, and I believe there are just two laws by which Christians should live: Love of God and of neighbor.

Sylvia

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Mammon worship.

The Worship of Mammon

The Worship of Mammon - Parable of the Unjust Steward
    Mammon: 1) the false god of riches and avarice. 2) riches regarded as an object of worship and greedy pursuit; wealth as an evil, more or less personified.

BA- http://www.access-jesus.com/definition-of-greed.html

• inkling
    inkling
    In keeping with the above definition of religion, I'm no longer bound or tied to specific fundamental beliefs or practices agreed upon by others.

This might be fair... if you don't attend a church.

Do you? If you do, I see no way to avoid the fct that you are a part of a religion.

And even if not, your belief in Christ, and his actions and words, and his divinity, are all "fundamental beliefs or practices agreed upon by others."

• White Dove
    White Dove

Islam. That was too easy.

I wanted to say JW's because that would turn their "beast devastating the harlot" on it's nose. It'd be great if it turns out that they do get abolished somehow.

Islam has done huge damage in my lifetime and must go first.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I want to say all of them, but if I have to choose just one, it would be the Westboro Baptist Church. Those guys are just sick.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Can't eat just one (potato chip)...

Can't choose just one religion either...

1. ISLAM
    2. CATHOLIC CHURCH
    3. NEW AGE/THEOSOPHY
    4. JUDAISM (which is not the same as Torah)
    5. CULTS
    6. OCCULT
    7. Apostate Christianity

There, that pretty much abolishes the end times "One World Religion" before it progresses further.

• snowbird
    snowbird

This might be fair... if you don't attend a church.

Do you? If you do, I see no way to avoid the fct that you are a part of a religion.

I do not attend a church.

And even if not, your belief in Christ, and his actions and words, and his divinity, are all "fundamental beliefs or practices agreed upon by others."

I beg to differ. My belief in Christ has nothing to do with the beliefs or practices of others, although I'm grateful to those who recorded His words and actions.

It is between me and Him, as it should be for everyone who confesses Him.

Peace.

Sylvia

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would have to say sports....chasing a ball around a field...I don't get it!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I think Islam wins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit