If you could choose one religion to disappear from this earth.....

by Quirky1 49 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but my pick would be Islam!!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Islam (Is that obvious?)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would start with Jehovah's Witlesses.

• snowbird
    snowbird

snowbird:

All.

Wow! I completely agree with you.

Wait a minute though, I bet that's a trick answer and that you're going to say that for some reason your religion isn't really a religion, right?

First, a definition of religion: A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

Origin:
    1150–1200; ME religioun (< OF religion) < L religion- (s. of religio) conscientiousness, piety, equiv. to relig(are) to tie, fasten (re-+ ligare to bind, tie; cf. ligament

Second, a definition of worship: To feel an adoring reverence or regard.

Origin:
    bef. 900; (n.) ME wors(c)hipe, worthssipe, OE worthscipe, var. of weorthscipe; see worth
    -ship

In keeping with the above definition of religion, I'm no longer bound or tied to specific fundamental beliefs or practices agreed upon by others.

However, in accord with the definition of worship, I do have an adoring reverence for the God of the Holy Bible and feel that He and only He is worthy of our worship.

Peace to all.

Sylvia

• Caedes
    Caedes

snowbird:

All.

Wow! I completely agree with you.

Wait a minute though, I bet that's a trick answer and that you're going to say that for some reason your religion isn't really a religion, right?

First, a definition of religion: A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

Origin:
    1150–1200; ME religioun (< OF religion) < L religion- (s. of religio) conscientiousness, piety, equiv. to relig(are) to tie, fasten (re-+ ligare to bind, tie; cf. ligament

Second, a definition of worship: To feel an adoring reverence or regard.

Origin:
    bef. 900; (n.) ME wors(c)hipe, worthssipe, OE worthscipe, var. of weorthscipe; see worth
    -ship

In keeping with the above definition of religion, I'm no longer bound or tied to specific fundamental beliefs or practices agreed upon by others.

However, in accord with the definition of worship, I do have an adoring reverence for the God of the Holy Bible and feel that He and only He is worthy of our worship.

Peace to all.

Sylvia

Good grief that is spooky!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hush up, Caedes, before I fetch CalicoEthel.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Aren't you a Christian, Sylvia? Don't you hold to it's basic tenets?

BTS

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Islam's in the lead by a nose!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Aren't you a Christian, Sylvia? Don't you hold to it's basic tenets?

BTS

I hold to the tenet that we are in need of a Savior, and that Jesus Christ, the God of the Bible, is that Savior.

That's all.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I hold to the tenet that we are in need of a Savior, and that Jesus Christ, the God of the Bible, is that Savior.

Ok, but I know there is more to you than that. You are a Christian. That is a religion. You have a high respect for it's most important book, the Bible, and for its founder, Jesus. It seems to me that what you don't do is belong to any particular sect, denomination or church.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit