Green stamps

by is there help out there 24 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

Do any of you folks rember green stamps. Did any of you donate your green stamps to your local KH.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

You're beginning to sound like Badboy!

Of course I remember S&H green stamps.

A lady in our community used to collect them before we heard of JW's and KH's.

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm clueless.........

what are green stamps??

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

... you went to a merchant ... for every dollar you spent they would give you a set amount of stamps. collect the stamps. paste the stamps in a book they gave you.. S&H had a book you could order stuff out of. Kinda like a rebate program. If memory serves about 500 pounds of those little stamp books was worth about $10 bucks. Back then we kids licked the stamps and filled the books cause we didnt have PS2 and the winters were long and dark

Kids... but then they just took my rotary phone out last year.

Hill

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm clueless.........

what are green stamps??

Ah, the callow youth of today! I see I'm gonna have to make you a mess of pig tails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&H_Green_Stamps

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I remember rotary phones, thank you! LOL

Green stamps are sorta like greenpoints that grocery stores around here offer. After so many, you can deduct an amount off your groceries or you can "cash" them in for items.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I dont recall much in the catalouge a KH could use... lots of lawn furniture and stuff like that.

If you had a gazillion stamps you could buy a car with em... I think you could trade the stamps back for cash too... but is was a poor exchange rate.

(starting to feel like granpa simpson here)

Hill

• yknot
    yknot

LOL..... My mom still has some in her 'catch-all' drawer!

Donate.... OH HELL NO!.... those were for 'goodie' items if we were good at the meetings, assemblies, DC and kept our rooms clean and beds made!....

alt

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember S&H Green Stamps.

I think I remember my mother putting them in the contribution box.

The ones she didnt save and past in the book and exchange for gifts.

They also had Eagle Stamps back then.

And gas for 32Cents a gallon that some one pumped for you after he filled your tires with air and checked the oil.

And you could buy a bottle of coke for 10Cents. and a loaf of wonder bread for 29cents.

A candy bar for a nickle. Steak and lobster dinner for 6 dollars at the brown derby.

And you made as much money back then as you do today.

What happened to those days?

I'd go back if I could. I missplaced my wayback machine, Mr. Peabody.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I don't remember donating them to the hall. However householder would sometimes give my mom green stamps instead of 10 cents for awake / WT. Didn't some green stamps actually have a showroom where you went to get the loot? We always got boring stuff like a lamp or a blanket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit