Personal question

by is there help out there 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Very little - maybe a couple of hundred dollars in my life. These days my hubby and I actually 'tithe' (we pay a tenth of our net to charities). Neither of us have a god, so we like to call it the 'tithe'. For a couple of years we used it to run our own charity, but now I'm generally giving it to cancer charities.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have not donated a penny in 6-10 years

• ataloa
    ataloa

Thanks, BabaYaga. That's what I always hope, is that a kid might find it. Try it! We might start an apostatrend.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I was a fulltime pioneer, so there wasn't much money to give. But that's one of the reasons the r & f don't realize what a greedy, money grubbing corporation that it is. What company wouldn't make millions of dollars if it had volunteers produce and distribute its product?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I never donated because I felt they were being irresponsible with the money. I'm sure my ex donated money without my knowledge though.

W

• sacolton
    sacolton

ZERO DOLLARS AND ZERO CENTS.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sacolton, even that is too much!

• sacolton
    sacolton

True.

I want my ten years back!

• DJK
    DJK

I was a child slave, forced to "give" in meanial tasks like door to door work.

Really, I made money. When I placed (sold) the mags door to door, my father never asked for the dime's.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

True.

I want my ten years back!

Ten years at your billing rate, or salary...I would say the WT owes you alot of money!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit