Personal question

by is there help out there 22 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

How much money did you put in the KH box each week not counting monaply bills. Now that you are out what do you do with the extra cash.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I donate to other charities that actually "DO" something.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think I used to put $20 - $40 per month. $50 per assembly.

For the past 5 years my money has gone to 401k retirement plan (now nearly debunked) and my mortgage.

-Aude.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not one cent. I donated at conventions only - and it was around $10.00 per day. Other than that, NOTHING.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I donated very little. Maybe $200 over the course of 3 1/2+ decades.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I don't remember the amount, but I had a formula I used. The hall expenses divided by the number of households; then I doubled it to make up for shamus . I'm sorry I ever gave anything, though.

Something fun I've started doing lately is leaving piles of coins in the walmart parking lot as I'm pulling away; and the Sonic carhops get great tips.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ataloa said, "Something fun I've started doing lately is leaving piles of coins in the walmart parking lot as I'm pulling away"

That is too cute and fun, I love that! What a way to make somebody's day, especially if it was a kid who found it. Kudos and grins to you.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I don't remember ever actually donating any money at the KH. A couple of times I put in $20 at the DC.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I never donated more than a few dollars at the KH, and never at an assembly.

lisa

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Honestly, I never liked to contribute financially. I don't remember dropping anything in the box for a couple of years prior to leaving though hubby would donate at the DC (as if it wasn't expensive enough to get to it! ). They always spoke about how they don't pass a plate around looking for donation - another dig at the Catholic Church. So I thought plate/box what's the difference? If I don't have to donate my money, then I won't. I did buy some supplies for the KH sometimes though. At least that way, I controlled what the money went on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit