Did You Feel That No One Really Liked You?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only what they could get out of me.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think there were perhaps two that cared for me. Out of the literally hundreds and hundreds of individuals I knew in the org only a couple. None of them were elders. Only a couple of rebels like myself. I take them as a blessing. Just like in the world, a friend is a rare thing to be cherished.

• four candles
    four candles

At first I was, but then My 15 year old step son was D/F'd,and after that we(my ex and myself) were treated just about the same as he was!!! Which I thought was unfair when not only him but we needed help and support. The bruvs were too busy building their own little worlds too worry too much about me!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I had about four hundred people at my wedding. I'm sure some of them must have at least liked me. What amazed me was how quick they turn it off when I left.

• DJK
    DJK

From first grade I knew the people at the KH were acting, acting like they were supposed to at the KH. It was never about like or dislike. It was about conforming to their way.

Like and dislike to a JW pertains to food. Anything else, is good and evil.

I wasn't going to conform and they knew it. So, I was evil.

• ataloa
    ataloa

There were two that I think liked me, because we visited each other socially. Both were converts like me. Both were very intelligent, quick-witted women. One left before I did - I don't know where she is, because of course, she couldn't have told me she was leaving, could she? The other, I hope is out by now; she's just got too much going on not to ever realize she was deceived.

• caliber
    caliber

When all you family mon, dad, sister, brothers, aunts, uncles.... all the kids are at the KH... you would do

trend to believe it is a place of love and caring & I believe deep down they still care.

they care but don't "like" who you have become... "leaving Jah "( if you know what I me ! )

It's more like" suspended animation"...... in the chess game the next move is yours but they don't

really want checkmate ! But to answer the question in past tense no !

Cal

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The "Brotherhood" is supposed to be all about love. But did you feel loved or even liked?? I was raised in the tower. When I was young, 8- 10 years old, I thought no one liked me. Especially at the hall. But even in life. So I just did what I do. Then I found out some people liked me and wanted to do things with me. But since about 12 years old, I realized we are not all going through life together. We are not all going down the same road to the same destination. So I have always done what I like and what interest me and have enjoyed the people I meet on the way. If I liked playing a sport, I joined the team, If I was good enough I got to play, If I wasnt good enough I sat on the bench. The more I played the more people liked me. I liked music. Sometimes I try out for a band. If I play good enough and meet othere criteria, I am in the band and they like me. Sometimes I play real good and they like me but the like someone else more so they tell me they will get back to me or keep me in reserve. Thats the way my life has always been. So I just do what I do, and meet people along the way and some of them say high and smile. When I was an adult witness for about 10 years. I felt like people liked me. I was invited to parties and back in the 70's we JW's played sports on the weekend and durning the week. Football, softball, basketball, field hockey. But I was always aware of the disfellowshipping thing so even from a young age, conditional love put a sour taste in my mouth. But, thinking about it, I think all love is conditional. So I guess I am not the most loving kind.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I feel looking back that it was all a farce the idea of brotherhood and lovie dovie BS from the Witness's point of view is for zombies who have found some sort of perverted nich. But what makes me real mad is how much time I wasted with my life and the life of my children, they could have found better friends much more loyal than the Witness's.

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

Maybe one or two I felt like i could talk to, but I nevere trusted anyone in the congregation with any secrets or old tales of things done in the past, as I knew they would tell a parent or a friend and I would get in trouble and pulled aside at the next meeting!

I thought I had a few best friends, but when I left, even tho i Dissed myself, i was secretly hoping they would try and stay in touch or maybe the odd email now and again, but nope.

It annoys me so much that they cant see the religion for what it is, but what can we do?

I think people felt sorry for me, rather than liked me. I have true friends now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit