Did You Feel That No One Really Liked You?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• only me
    only me

Yes I know that not very many people liked me. I've omly been to the memorial this year and only one sister talked to me, not one Elder or MS even smiled at me, much less said hello.

I am naturally shy, developed anxiety and panic attacks from the pressure people put on me to answer, go in service and be on the school.
    I think they honestly didn't know what to do with me because I was so non conforming to their set way of doing things.
    There were 4 people over time that I believe really tried to understand and who I considered dear friends.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It was only in the end that I noticed the conditional love.

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny. The evolution of things. In my case, I was raised a JW so I was a cute kid being raised in the "Truth" and I matured into a Pioneer, MS and elder. Many people though, don't like young elders---and for good reason. A few years later, as I matured some more, I had no major enemies and most said I was THE most approachable elder to talk to. So when I left, the Hall was shocked and saddened.

The harsh reality is that JWs only "love" conditionally.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was well liked..Still am.......Everyone says hello when I see them..I`ve been out for decades....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Minimus, my mom was one of those who didn't like young elders. She was born in 1922, got married at 17, had 2 kids, one died, went through WWII, was sent to a concentration camp in Russia, contracted malaria, was shipped to East Germany, escaped from East Germany, found her husband had remarried because he was told she was dead, came to Canada, married an abusive drunk, had 2 more kids, a multitude of health problems, etc. She suffered for years because of her experience in Russia. She didn't tell us all the gory details, but I remember being awakened many times at night because of her screams. What could any 25 year old "elder" possibly teach her about anything? They lived in completely different worlds.

• ninja
    ninja

shut up smellymus....he he

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Ninja...we are all waiting to see what a "One pot noodle" is.

And be nice to smellymus....

Snoozy...

• sacolton
    sacolton

No love felt. Never had a Brother who just called to say "hi" or want to hangout. Never had anyone invite us over for dinner. Very rarely did the congregation host get-together parties at some community center to play cards and eat a pot-luck dinner. All my "worldly" friends were the ones I could rely on for fun.

• ninja
    ninja

snoozy....check the pot noodle thread...and sorry... I meant stinkymus.....not smellymus.....he he

• minimus
    minimus

FF, your mom was right. What EXPERIENCE does a 24 year old "elder" really have in LIFE?? Zero!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit