The privilege of taking out the trash and cleaning toilets

by unbeliever 18 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I went back home for a visit over TG. My mom and her husband were in town visiting as well. I met them for lunch and he was telling me about the convention they had during the summer. I shit you not he was bragging to me about being in charge of sanitation. He was like it was such a privilege to be given that responsibility. My mom was beaming as he spoke. She was filled with so much admiration. I swear by the way they were going on you would have thought he was promoted to a CEO. Sanitation is just a fancy word for cleaning out toilets and disposing of garbage.

I have been out of the dubs for years but I am still amazed they still have the ability to make the sheep think that taking out trash is a privilege.

• asilentone
  • penny2
    penny2
    My mom was beaming as he spoke. She was filled with so much admiration.

That's sweet, in a way. I guess they are happy being JWs!

penny

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, I was beaming like that before. I was brainwashed!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I remember getting all excited about watching cars in the parking area

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never viewed it as a privilege to do crap like that. To me, real privileges would inculde things that were of value to me, not just a benefit to the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry this is your parents and all, I mean no disrespect but.. damn! how assinine is that? in a funny sad sort of way. What jw's aspire to! and to meet such goals, ahh..... make you feel warm all over.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It is funny how people can be so impressed by being used as slave labor. I was raised in the madness and I still don't get it.

• yknot
    yknot

alt

Yknot ...................of the seat sanitation department (not privileged enough to clean toliets yet)

If he treats your mom well and she is content with her life, I am happy for her.......

• I quit!
    I quit!

Mic boy was always a position of high esteem in the congregation I went to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit