WIERD! =Yearbook 1967- African Witness silences talking demonic snake??!!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yearbook 67 P.105 "...a large crowd was following a man who had a talking serpent. The serpent gave greetings and and spoke in foreign tongues....a brother was passing by and attracted by the commotion, he went to the house ...as soon as he entered the room the serpent stopped talking. The man cried out: "A magican has entered the room...The brother asked the man: "Is that a serpent or a demon that has spoken to you?....I know that since God has created animals not one serpent has spoken, with the exception of the one in the begining in the Garden of Eden...seeing that the serpent remained silent the man left the building...Later...he was anxious to get some literature...."

My question....HOW THE HELL did this silly experience make it into the Yearbook?

• ninja
    ninja

I for one believe the story.....michael parkinson made a career out of talking to an emu...........Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Black Sheep
  • shamus100
    shamus100
    My question....HOW THE HELL did this silly experience make it into the Yearbook?

Jehovahs Witnesses are a cooky, cooky religion. People are just as bizarre as 'holy rollers'. A typical dub accepts the bizarre as normal when they see bizarre every day.

Demon stories and Jehovahs Witnesses are theyre favorite. Dubs LOVE the demons bothering them... Have you heard them talk? It's borderline psychotic.

The only demon in this world lives in the human heart.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When we were in a foreign assignment the branch was told to come up with stories for the 96-97 yearbook and a local 20 yr old uncritically wrote as he was told them by local JWs. They had no talking snakes but they greatly exagerated the facts (including man eating "tigers" in S.America) and skillfully ommitted the negative.

• VM44
    VM44

What that so called "brother" did was to ruin a theatrical performance.

Notice also that this "experience" mentions no names at all. No one can check the story.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Probably the same way so many others do...hearsay on the part of influential elders at Bethel.

Isaac

• VM44
    VM44

RR has made a scan of the Yearbook page containing this story.

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know in what country this so-called "experience" took place?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

look at that, right underneath the snake stuff... apparently Mr. T wrote a letter to the local congo!

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit