snowbird
    That's not what I asked.

That's all you gonna get!

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's all you gonna get!

Sylvia

Silence (or avoidance) speaks louder than words.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Silence (or avoidance) speaks louder than words.

Sylvia

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Loved the "Peacock" joke!..

Snoozy..

• restrangled
    restrangled

Teenaged boys are fun. I had a few issues with my boys, but in the end they seemed pretty easy. A party or two, a ticket for 100 miles over the speed limit, a dirty bedroom I couldn't tolerate anymore, a revoked drivers license are a few of the areas where I lost it. Each had one episode where they mouthed off in a way I found very offensive to me....and that was one time each. Neither ever swore at me or called me names.....(that I know of :) ) Their father was adamant about respecting mom. He did a great job.

I Always got along with their friends, they always use to come over to eat.

They were always so appreciative of home cooked food, clean laundry and freshly made beds, We enjoyed sharing music, were pretty good at helping me and when really angst about something, would come and talk to me or my husband.

Teenaged girls....seem really bitchy and self centered to me. I have seen and heard plenty from friends and neighbors. I don't like the way they dress, behave with boys, their own mothers or the Diva attitudes. It leaves teenaged boys very confused.

I'm glad I had boys....now in their 20's.

r.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Teenaged girls....seem really bitchy and self centered to me.

Exactly.

Sylvia

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My oldest is 13. I always love her, but there are times I could pinch her little head off!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sylvia.....from what I have seen, the prettier the girls are, the more the bad behavior. Not just teenaged rebellion but absolute contempt for their mothers and total lack of respect for anyone.

We had this situation across the street from us. My sons grew up with these girls from about 5 years of age on. The girls turned into some exotic beauties. My boys were friends with them for years, and adored them. As they got older they learned to use that beauty for anything they wanted. It is very nasty business, but I think it is pushed by the media on so many levels.

Music videos, housewives of what ever county, etc. ......In other words if you are beautiful, you deserve, can demand, can look, can spend......you get my drift.

r.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Uh huh.

My teenaged g'daughters are very pretty, and very vain, airheads.

My 19-year old daughter is average-looking, but is light years ahead of them intellectually.

They have nothing in common, and this pains me greatly.

Sylvia

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sylvia,....

At some point all these girls hit reality.....that looks don't buy you a life and real relationships.

I think its sad they have to go through this....but it happens. (That their mothers were really their best allies and friends, that that their average looking sisters, and girlfriends, really did care...etc)

For some reason I haven't seen boys go through this no matter how handsome they are.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit