Does Resurrection require your DNA?

by cameo-d 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just wondering because if you are cremated I don't there there are any trases of DNA left in ashes.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Both spiritualism and mythology in a sense is a juggling act because you toss whatever you have in your hand to the other whenever you need to or have to.

To obtain the true answer your going to have to ask God's holy spirit or e-mail him directly

• TheScarletPimpernel
    TheScarletPimpernel

Resurrection is supernatural; you can only idly speculate on how it would be done. Unless you're talking about when science figures out how to scan your deceased brain and upload you to a supercomputer running a simulation of your physical brain... ;)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    deceased brain and upload you to a supercomputer running a simulation of your physical brain...

Are you saying I might come back as a computer virus?

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower's idea of the resurrection doesn't mean a thing.

It is more of a re-creation of the original, but the original is gone.

Saying that "memories" and "personalities" are transfered implies that something is moved from one location to another, they aren't.

Suppose you had an Ming Vase and were able to make a 3D scan of it right down to the atomic level. The scan was stored in a safe place.

Now suppose that the Ming vase was destroyed, broken into a million pieces. It is gone.

But, the 3D scan exists, and by some process a re-creation of the Ming vase is produced.

Would you say that the new vase was a resurrection (brought back) of the original? or would it be a re-creation of the original?

Whould it be legal to call the new Ming vase the SAME as the original one that was destroyed? No it wouldn't.

Thus so similiarly with The Watchtower's idea of the resurrection.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Well, I would think so because if it was required for dinosaurs in Jurasic Park, it should be required for humans, right?

• bob1999
    bob1999

"The Watchtower's idea of the resurrection doesn't mean a thing."

So the Christ that is in Heaven is not the same one who walked the earth 2000 years ago.

Interesting....

Peace

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes, God requires your DNA, a current photo, fingerprints, a passport and driver's license in order to re-animate your body. I plan on submitting a photo of Cate Blanchett - take a shot, couldn't hurt.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

To me, the idea of Dna isn't even a question. All of what makes who you are, who everyone is, can be found in a clump of soil in your back yard. It's only a matter of how the universe arranges it into whatever it wants. The whole planet is alive and it's life systems seem more based on renewal and regeneration, than resurrection, despite what we would like to beleive.

Every year, the grass that dies beneath the snow, re emerges the next year. It's the same soil and the same design every time. With the exception of course, of those changes that take place through evolution.

The idea of a life form remaining in the same container throughout eternity, is just not the way the universe works. All civilizations of the past have died, and yet here we are again, in fine form.

However you want to imagine your own recycled body is anyones guess. I don't know what, if any choice we have in the matter. The rule of entropy has never been broken. But I tend to look at death and life, as one in the same. Just as it is with everything else. Opposites. You can't have one without the other.

Can you remember what it was like being dead? You were dead a lot longer than you've ever been alive. No you can't. Guess it's not so bad then, eh. All things must pass. I'll talk to y' all later, in your new form.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Here's to reincarnation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit