Should "Kool aid man06" apologize to every Christian who listened?

by iloowy 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mouthy
    mouthy

Minimus said But Mouthy, you aren't still a Witness.
    I definatly am not MINI..but my kids are!!!! And when I WAS a JW,,I defended it to the death....As I am sure my kids will ...if they heard that call....,but as soon as she said she was only 3-4 & was involved with all the BIG SHOTS writing down her thoughts, And if I remember rightly she implied that it was HER writings at that young age that was used in their "Revelation"book....

Rick's Conferance calls I am sure have helped many doubting JWs ...except the two on there that talked about the weird stuff like the above.... O.K. Weird to me!!!!! Might not be to all of you... But in the 25 years I was a JW ..... I never heard a whisper about Satanic stuff. But then as you have said before my love ,>>>>Oldies are easily duped...

• asilentone
    asilentone

Cammy is the biggest bullshitter!

• avishai
    avishai

What I said has nothing to do w/ the veracity of Cammy/Ravyn's comments, Iloowy, or testosterone. It has to do with your intolerance. What, are you afraid if you hear about wicca, strega, etc., you are gonna be Demonized? Stop being such a damn child. Mouthy, an Xtian who I have TONS of admiration put it correctly. If you don't like it, hang up. Take some personal responsibility. The testosterone comment is ill placed. People like Mouthy may be women, but have a hundred times your intestinal fortitude.

• Scully
    Scully

I see absolutely NO reason whatsoever for

1) copying posts from another site and pasting them on JWD - and no, the mods on JWD should not have to clean up after you when you violate the posting guidelines from another site

2) airing your grievance with Rick's conference call/broadcast / choice of guest on HIS conference call/broadcast, here on JWD - Rick has a website and you have the option to post your grievance(s) with Rick's site directly

3) requiring Rick to make an apology for the content of HIS conference call/broadcast and using JWD as a platform for doing so.

Since when does anyone have the "right" to not be offended? If you listened to the conference call in its entirety, even though you found the content disturbing or offensive to your sensibilities, whose fault is it that you didn't just hang up the phone and do something that you didn't find offensive? Since when does Rick (or anyone else, for that matter) need to have the content of HIS broadcast screened so as to not bring up controversial topics?

I'm not a believer, but quite frankly, I find it downright silly for anyone to claim "offense" when they voluntarily picked up their phone and joined in the conference call and listened to the whole program, despite finding the content controversial, in direct conflict with their own beliefs, or just beyond all rational belief. Nobody held a gun to anyone's head and forced people to listen against their will - and if you are offended because YOU made the CHOICE to tune in and listen, you only have YOURSELF to blame for feeling offended. If you don't like the content, hang up the damn phone and CHOOSE not to tune in again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit