Is a "thing" worth a human life?????

by Sunnygal41 15 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't shop on Black Friday

• beksbks
    beksbks

JWdaughter, I was thinking the same thing. Perfect story for JW's to feel superior over.

I do actually blame the stores. The way they set the whole thing up, is just begging for trouble. Get a bunch of people waiting out in the dark for a few hours to get a one in a million deal, and then say ready, set, go.

• JeffT
    JeffT

If Wal-mart's at fault for this, so are about half the stores in America. All of the malls around here were having some sort of midnight, or 5 in the morning sale. People were lined up around the block to get in. They were putting up tents, for god's sake. People need to think about somebody besides themselves.

• beksbks
    beksbks

JeffT, I'm not picking on WalMart (this time) I think the whole premise is ridiculous. This cop one the scene, has it right.

"I don't know what it's worth to Wal-Mart or to any of these stores that run these sales events," Fleming said, "but it has become common knowledge that large crowds do gather on the Friday after Thanksgiving in response to these sales and in an effort to do their holiday shopping at the cheapest prices.

"I think it is incumbent upon the commercial establishments to recognize that this has the potential to occur at any store. Today, it happened to be Wal-Mart. It could have been any other store where hundreds and hundreds of people gather."

I just think they set it up to put people into a competitive frenzy. Unfortunately, I also believe most people in the world, are rather low class, and not very smart. Maybe I'm just cynical.

• loosie
    loosie

Geez that's just crazy. Ii went to walmart this am... and yes it was packed and hard to get around but people were polite.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

unbelievable behavior. so stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit